* AscendedFanon: Dahlia Hawthorne's nickname "Dollie" is a reference to a fan effort to translate the GBA version of ''Trials & Tribulations'' (which only managed to cover the first case before the official localization was announced). In said fan translation, Dahlia Hawthorne was called Dolores Willow, and her nickname was "Dolly".
* BonusEpisode: "Rise from the Ashes". It was made as this for the DS version to show off some of the DS' features. Although other ports that include this episode have some of those features changed to fit the platform.
* TheCastShowoff: In the movie adaptation, Mirei Kiritani as Maya plays piano during the recess preceding the retrial of the DL-6 Incident.
* FanNickname: "Super/Double Objection" in ''Trials and Tribulations'' due to [[spoiler: Phoenix and Mia's spirit both giving Godot their objection poses in sync as Phoenix deduces Godot is the real killer in the final case.]]
* NoExportForYou: Despite EVERY other game being released and despite even getting a few prerelease reviews in gaming magazines, the DS version of ''Trials and Tribulations'' was never released in Australia. No reason was ever given (although it may be related to the fact that its release was delayed in Europe over ratings complications, causing ''Apollo Justice'' to come out before it). At least Australia got the UsefulNotes/WiiWare version.
** The compilation ''Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD'' was released for [=iOS=] and Android in Japan, but other countries only got it on [=iOS=] for some reason.
* RemadeForTheExport: The original game's localized release is not a 1:1 port of the Game Boy Advance version of ''Gyakuten Saiban'' due to the addition of "Rise From the Ashes", hence why it was released in Japan as "''Gyakuten Saiban: Yomingaeru Gyakuten''" (the subtitle being used as the Japanese title of the fifth episode). The second and third games were straight ports.
* TributeToFido: The police dog in the first game is named after Missile, the creator's Pomeranian. He doesn't do anything useful, but taking him to Larry means he eats all of his hot dogs.
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: Canonically, the trilogy takes place from 2016 to 2019 (as proven by the date of the DL-6 Incident). However, the [[TechnologyMarchesOn technology featured in them]] matches up with the tech that was around in the early 2000s, the time frame when the games were made. VHS tapes, black-and-white photos, and old cellphones are still in use, and digital cameras are still a new thing.
** In-universe example: At the end of 1-4, Phoenix thinks he would've been a prosecutor [[spoiler: because Larry framed him for stealing lunch money]] and Edgeworth thinks he would've been a defense attorney [[spoiler: if his actual father wasn't killed by the man who would become his adoptive father and mentor]]. There's [[FanFic/ACompleteTurnabout a fan fic based on this premise.]]
** [[http://www.court-records.net/arts/concept%20sketches.png The early character designs]] were very, very different:
*** The main character would have bright green hair and Franziska's sense of fashion.
*** The rival would looked like a young Manfred von Karma ''and'' had a pointy BeardOfEvil.
*** The mentor would be a big, hulking man.
*** The assistant looked more like Ema.
*** The detective would be a hot woman.
** An early concept for Wendy Oldbag gave her a much younger BrawnHilda look.
** [[http://www.capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/10/31/ace-attorney-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew This blog post]] from Janet Hsu, the head of the series' localization team gives a few production and localization trivia bits, some being very... interesting.
*** Among the English names considered for Diego Armando were Joseph Cuppa, Xavier Barstucks, and William Havamug.
*** Luke Atmey's original catchphrase before "Zvarri" was "Schwing"! Additionally, Godot was going to drink bourbon whiskey and smoke, but the production team worried it'd have a bad effect on kids.
*** There were several different fonts considered for the "P" on Feenie's pink sweater.
*** Because there wasn't much figured out about him ahead of time, Gumshoe underwent an evolution in character. For example, he originally was planned to be into horse racing, which is why he has a pencil tucked behind his ear in his final design.
*** Maya originally being planned to be a lawyer-in-training under Phoenix. In [[http://www.capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/09/12/the-early-days-of-ace-attorney a different blog post]], it was mentioned that Phoenix met her and Mia under ''very'' different circumstances, that Turnabout Sisters would have been the first trial of the game (it was bumped to second as it was felt it was too big to be an introduction), and Phoenix originally would have been a detective who was arrested for murder after he walked into his office to find a corpse.[[note]]Which actually happened to Edgeworth [[VisualNovel/AceAttorneyInvestigationsMilesEdgeworth much later on]].[[/note]] He then would have taken up his own defense because of how incompetent his own defense attorney (who became Winston Payne) was.
*** The then-male Dee Vasquez was originally the director of Global Studios instead of the producer, while Sal Manella was the screenwriter. [[ValuesDissonance She was changed when she became female and it was thought that a female director of an action TV show would be odd]].
*** Larry Butz went through a good many changes in character, originally being a 9-to-5 office worker and an Average Joe and ultimately going through some editing when the first trial was unexpectedly added to the game and included him. At one point, he was a tough guy who went around shouting how he wanted to kill everyone. This ended up being changed to him shouting that he wanted to die. He was also only meant to be a recurring character. Near the end of the production span, the development team ran out of time and decided to [[EconomyCast reuse Larry]] as a witness in "Turnabout Goodbyes".
*** The Psyche-Lock concept was originally envisioned as a single large glass lock that had to be broken through. This had to be scrapped as too difficult to pull off for the Game Boy Advance.
*** Back when Phoenix would have been a detective, the game title was "Surviban: Attorney Detective Naruhodo-kun" ("Surviban" being a play on words between "survival" and and "saiban"). Before that, planned titles were “Attorney Brothers Three”, “Boogie-Woogie Innocence”, “Bingo Bengo” (another play on words, suggesting hitting the nail on the head "bingo!" in court), “The Beautiful Verdict”, “Amber-Colored Testimonies”, “The Objections in Your Eyes”, and “Let’s Raise Hamsters” (one of the people on the production team wanted the lead to be a hamster).
*** The opening of the first case of ''Justice For All'' was going to have a giant devil looming over Phoenix, instead of the Judge (inspired by the opening of ''VideoGame/DevilMayCry'')
*** ''Justice For All'' was planned to have five cases, but the last had to be scrapped because of lack of memory. It was later reused as the third case in ''Trials and Tribulations''. The third game also had many things cut for memory reasons, including a design for a much-younger Gumshoe in the first trial and Oldbag showing up (there was just enough room for a cameo in the credits, and they were still unable to put her in a lei, which they wanted to do to suggest she'd been in Hawaii).
*** Edgeworth was originally going to the the main prosecutor for JFA, until the development team caught wind of Edgeworth's [[JerkassDissonance surprise]] [[EnsembleDarkhorse popularity]]. Feeling that having the "genius" prosecutor lose every case against Phoenix wouldn't be adequate, Shu Takumi created Franziska von Karma as the game's main rival and saved Edgeworth for the last case. Thus starting the trend of a new rival prosecutor for every game.
*** Both Fey sisters were supposed to be alive, but Takumi was told he couldn't have both due to cast size. Solution? Have the elder sister killed and turn the younger into a spirit medium who can channel her sister.
*** Marvin Grossberg was supposed to have more animations, but they were cut due to memory constraints and he was reduced to having only two sprites showing his default expression and his worried expression.
* WritingByTheSeatOfYourPants: In some of his old developer blogs, Shu Takumi mentioned how he sometimes got stuck figuring out a way to resolve a case's mystery, only to have an EurekaMoment and figure out a solution. Examples of this are [[spoiler:Gourdy being Larry's air tank in 1-4]] and [[spoiler:Mia telling Maya to lock herself in a cavern and channel Dahlia Hawthorne in order to trap her]].