* CompletelyDifferentTitle: Called 'Ein Griech Erobert Chicago' in Germany.
** Called 'Balki e Larry- Due Perfetti Americani' in Italy.
** The Brazilian title was Primo Cruzado (literally Crossed Cousin, but also a reference to Brazilian then –mid-80's– currency Cruzado).
* CulturalTranslation: Brazilian dub took it UpToEleven. Balki's nationality was changed from Greek to Brazilian– more specifically, he was turned into a [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipira caipira]] from the countryside of the state of Minas Gerais, with the corresponding accent, and his name was changed to Zeca (a Brazilian nickname for José or José Carlos).
* TheDanza: Creator/SamAnderson as Sam Gorpley.
* RecycledScript: "The King and I," where a hypnotist unsuccessfully tries to hypnotize Larry but accidentally hypnotizes Balki into going under whenever he hears a bell ring. It's taken beat-for-beat from the story of an episode of ''Series/TheDickVanDykeShow''. Amusingly, creator and executive consultant Dale [=McRaven=] was a former ''Dick Van Dyke Show'' writer.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The show was originally called "The Greenhorn" and paired Pinchot with comedian Louie Anderson. Things weren't really working out until Mark Lynn-Baker came along and showed great chemistry with Bronson.
* WorkingTitle: "The [[MeaningfulName Greenhorn]]" was the original title.