* CreatorBacklash: PSY has stated on an interview with Extra! that if he knew that Gangnam Style would net him international infamy, he wouldn't have made it. He's also said that it's the best thing he's ever made and that he wishes to use it as a tool for world peace. [[FlipFlopOfGod Conflicted?]]
* InternetCounterattack: Attempted by right-leaning Americans to get Obama to stop seeing a PSY concert in light of PSY's previous anti-American lyrics (see OldShame), namely by sending letters of protest to have the White House not sponsor the event.
* OldShame: His earlier anti-American lyrics, which, in the wake of an incident that left two South Korean schoolgirls dead (crushed by US tanks) and the Iraqi war, sang about killing US soldiers slowly, along with their families. He expressed regret for the extremism, citing that anti-Americanism was quite high at the time.
* ReadingsAreOffTheScale: "Gangnam Style" broke the [=YouTube=] view counter by exceeding 2,147,483,647 views. [[UsefulNotes/PowersOfTwoMinusOne That particular number is the maximum value a 32-bit signed integer can hold.]] As a result, [=YouTube=] had to rewrite its view counters to use 64-bit integers, which can hold values of up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Psy was originally cast as a judge for the fourth season of Series/SuperstarK... and then Gangnam Style happened, forcing him to drop out after the first live show.