* BlackSheepHit: Most people who heard "Hey Ya!" don't even know [=OutKast=] are a rap group.
* ExecutiveMeddling: After their previous label, [=LaFace=] was bought by Jive Records, [=OutKast=] had numerous clashes and creative differences, that ultimately led to Big Boi releasing his solo album with another label.
* NamesTheSame: Andre 3000 was originally known as just "Dre". He changed it to avoid confusion with Dr. Dre.
* ReclusiveArtist: Andre 3000 can be this from time to time. Until 2014 when he and Big Boi had their 20th Anniversary tour, he was barely granting interviews, has not taken on any acting acting since 2008, and hasn't made any music videos since "Green Light" with John Legend.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Music/CeeLoGreen guests on many of their songs. This was before he became known as part of Gnarls Barkley or for his own solo work.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: According to an interview with Big Boi, Outkast were asked to perform a UsefulNotes/SuperBowl halftime show, but turned it down: They wouldn't be given enough time to perform both "Hey Ya!" and "The Way You Move" in their entirety, and André 3000 refused to entertain the idea of shortening the songs or performing them as a medley. It was never specified which Super Bowl this was, but given the time frame when those songs were at their most popular, Super Bowl XXXVIII seems plausible: This would be significant because the halftime show that did occur that year is mainly remembered for being the TropeNamer for WardrobeMalfunction.