* FakeAmerican: The British RobinAtkinDownes as American protagonist Travis Touchdown.
* FakeIrish: The American Creator/QuintonFlynn as the Irish Henry.
* FanNickname: Mister Sir Henry [[SophisticatedAsHell Motherfucker]].
* NoExportForYou: Averted with the [[UpdatedRerelease HD port]] ''Heroes Paradise''. Ubisoft, the publisher of the original for the Wii, decided not to pick up the HD port for release in North America. Thankfully, Konami has stepped in and will be publishing ''Heroes Paradise'' as a [=PS3=] exclusive in the west with UsefulNotes/PlayStation Move support (of course this does mean Xbox 360 owners had this trope played very straight, made worse by the fact the game is region locked on the Xbox 360).
** Creator/JoshKeaton as Destroyman.
** Quinton Flynn and Robin Atkin Downes play one of the others' common character archetypes, as mentioned under FakeIrish and FakeAmerican.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Matt of WebVideo/TwoBestFriendsPlay, who worked on the game as a tester, confirmed during his own LP of the game that Grasshopper originally had put in the ability to send pedestrians flying and then explode into a fountain of blood for the North American version. Matt, concerned that this would cause the ESRB to up the age rating to a possible AO (due to violence against pedestrians in any non-GrandTheftAuto game being more heavily scrutinized by the ESRB, and AO games are not permitted to be sold on any consoles), asked Grasshopper to remove this detail, to which they did comply.
** Also, early reports from Magazine/ElectronicGamingMonthly stated that Travis would need to investigate the identities of the UAA's assassins by himself (through missions) before challenging them to a fight, instead of just paying a fee, which would explain the empty sandbox that is Santa Destroy.
** There would also be common Mooks around the city outside of ranking fights and side-missions. The fridge in Travis' apartment, which uselessly refills your HP, is an artifact of that.
[[folder:Lyrics to "The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything" (Dr. Peace's song):]]
Despair, the end of the world \\
I hear the rising phoenix in my dreams \\
And the virgin child made her wish upon a star \\
That night her mother talks no more \\
Cape of Hope, the end of the dream \\
A shiny fish splashes in a stream \\
And the virgin child loses her heart and soul \\
That night her mother's eyes see no more \\
When the wind blows\\
The virgin child's corpse sings a song \\
Such a pretty melody, never heard before \\
No more lullabies\\
The virgin child, smiles from Hell \\