!The 1981 film:
* DuelingMovies: With the ''Film/TheProwler'', due to some similarities.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: The film fell out of print after it's initial VHS release; the DVD did so too after it's release, as did the double feature disc that paired it with ''Film/AprilFoolsDay''. The Lions Gate DVD (which contains the uncensored cut of the film) is thankfully still in print.
* MissingEpisode: While a majority of the cut footage is restored for the 2009 DVD release (thanks to producer John Dunning keeping it safe in a storage unit), there's a good 20% of stuff that unfortunately could not be restored due to the original negative getting corroded over the years or due to scenes simply being missing. One example being Mike and Harriet's double impalement death which director Mihalka remembers filming.
--> '''Mihalka''': ''"There was a scene with the two kids in the mine and they’re joined together forever,”..... “There was a whole set up scene to that. They’re just necking and Tom’s lying on top of [Harriet] and the miner comes in and puts the [drill bit] through him. She’s got her eyes closed and thinks he’s just being a little frisky. She opens her mouth and her eyes just widen as he bleeds into her mouth. Then the miner goes whoomp! And [skewers] them both . That scene had to be taken out totally. It has disappeared and we’ll never see it.”''
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: A sequel was proposed, but ultimately declined. A treatment and/or script was apparently done for it however. Going by information that's out about it, it would have taken place in an amusement park built where the original mine killing occurred. The cut gore footage from the original was to inserted into the sequel as flashback sequences.
* WorkingTitle: ''The Secret''.
* CreatorBreakdown: One of the reasons for the twenty-plus-year recording process of ''MBV''.
* DevelopmentHell: As seen above, there were more than ''two decades'' in between ''Loveless'' and ''MBV'', despite the fact that the group never officially disbanded during that time. There were long periods of silence when nothing would be heard about the album at all, and Kevin abandoned it for several years, but for most of the rest of that time he was working on it. The ''Loveless'' remaster also fell victim to this, albeit to a much lesser extent.
** Kevin has said that the ''Isn't Anything'' and ''Loveless'' remasters and the ''[=EP's=] 1988-1991'' compilation were [[http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8809-kevin-shields/ delayed]] due to ExecutiveMeddling on Sony's behalf, and having to threaten them with getting ScotlandYard involved to get them to turn over the original multitrack tapes.
* MissingEpisode: According to the "Class of '91" article in November 1991's edition of ''Melody Maker'', the band recorded two additional [=EPs=] besides ''Glider'' and ''Tremolo'' during the ''Loveless'' sessions, but scrapped them because they didn't feel they were worth releasing.
** Never mind ''Loveless''; the twenty-year DevelopmentHell for the third album blows that one away.