* AdoredByTheNetwork: Throughout the show's long run, it kept the exact same time slot from the very beginning to the very end: Mondays at 9:00 pm.
** Referenced in the O.J. Simpson chase expy:
--> '''Miles''':"...and ABC wouldn't break into ''Series/HomeImprovement'' for the Second Coming!"
* ExecutiveMeddling: They tried. According to Candice Bergen at the TV Land Awards, executives were a little concerned that a 40-something woman recently back from rehab might not be sympathetic, and asked if she could be a 20- or 30-something woman recently back from a spa vacation. Diane English protested, and it was eventually averted.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: Oh, seasons 2 through 10, will you ever see the light of day on DVD?
** Highly unlikely, given the poor sales for the season 1 set and the high cost of licensing the vintage Motown music used on the show.
* TheOtherDarrin: Up until and including the episode where Jim and Doris separated, Doris was played by Janet Carroll. In the final season, she was played by Concetta Tomei. The difference was notable, to say the least.
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: Creator/TheBBC, not CBS. The series wasn't bought for showing on British terrestrial television until after the Dan Quayle affair, several years after it had started. [=BBC2=] then dumped it in the same early evening slot that played host to ''Series/TheFreshPrinceOfBelAir'' and ''Series/DeGrassiJuniorHigh'', and pulled it after the first eight episodes had been shown. (Reviewers making unflattering comparisons to ''DropTheDeadDonkey'' didn't help... interestingly, [[AmericansHateTingle that series flopped when it was shown in America]].)