* AllStarCast: One of the film's main selling points. The cast has Creator/HughJackman, Creator/HalleBerry, Creator/EmmaStone, Creator/ChloeMoretz, Creator/GerardButler, Seann William Scott, Creator/ChrisPratt, Josh Duhamel, Creator/KateWinslet, Creator/ElizabethBanks, Creator/KristenBell, Johnny Knoxville, Creator/SethMacFarlane, Creator/AnnaFaris, Creator/PatrickWarburton, Jason Sudeikis, Dennis Quaid, Greg Kinnear, Creator/LievSchreiber, Justin Long, Creator/UmaThurman, Christopher Mintz Plasse, Creator/RichardGere, Creator/TerrenceHoward, Jack [=McBrayer=], Creator/StephenMerchant and Creator/NaomiWatts.
** The Blu-ray cover was just the film's title with photos of the film's most famous actors on it.
* AwesomeDearBoy: Subverted. '''[[http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/movie-43-casting-guilt/ Hugely]]'''. Played straight with Creator/StephenMerchant, who makes no apologies for the film and stated he signed on mainly to be around Creator/HalleBerry.
* CreatorBacklash[=/=]OldShame: The overwhelming ''majority'' of the cast has since gone on to display regret for being involved with the film. That many of them were roped into it against their will didn't help.
* DeletedRole: Several (see WhatMightHaveBeen). Also, Bob Odenkirk directed two segments that didn't make it into the US cut of the final movie, but is nonetheless still listed in the credits.
* DirectedByCastMember: Creator/ElizabethBanks directed one of the segments, though the one she herself appeared in was directed by James Gunn.
* DuelingMovies: Another AnthologyFilm filled with VulgarHumor, Creator/VinceOffer's ''InAPPropriateComedy'', came out shortly after this.
* OldShame: With the exception of Farrelly, ''no one'' involved seems particularly proud of the finished product.
** At the film's premiere, the only actors who showed up were Seann William Scott, Chloe Moretz, Common, and Jimmy Bennett. Others, like Elizabeth Banks and Kristen Bell were going to attend, but dropped out at the last minute, with one magazine claiming they were "too scared." And if Scott's red carpet interview was any indication, it sounds like the only reason he went was because he was hoping to see Halle Berry.
** Creator/HughJackman [[http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=99524 even went back in time to tell his younger self to not do this movie]].
* NotScreenedForCritics: Though they panned it regardless, with Richard Roeper, in a review on Creator/RogerEbert's website, calling it "the ''Film/CitizenKane'' of awful and taking a "memory erasing pill" that didn't work.
* PlayingAgainstType: This may be the only time you'll get to see Naomi Watts dress up like a high school teenager and calling some kid "fuckface".
* RealLifeRelative: Creator/ChrisPratt and Creator/AnnaFaris are a couple in real life too.
* TheShelfOfMovieLanguishment: The film began production in 2009 and was intended to ready for a 2010 release. Then original distributor Overture Films sold the rights (and later had everything at the studio but the name sold) to Creator/RelativityMedia, who continued to keep it in-and-out of production (missing a planned Spring 2012 date) until finally releasing it in 2013.
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: The film began production in 2009, and it shows, as several of the references are dated.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Farrelly wanted Creator/GeorgeClooney to do a cameo as himself in a segment where he would be shown to be bad at picking up women. Clooney's response, reportedly, was "[[PrecisionFStrike No fucking way]]".
** Colin Farrell was originally cast as The Leprechaun.
** Creator/TreyParkerAndMattStone were initially set to direct a segment, but later dropped out.
** The framing device was initially supposed to involve three teenagers going on a treasure hunt to find the mysterious ''Movie 43'' of the plot and the rest of the segments would be featured as what the characters thought was it but wasn't. It seems that got dropped in favor of adding more cameos.
*** The version of the film released in the UK apparently retains this device instead of the 'movie producer' version.
** Creator/SamRockwell was originally attached to reprise Batman in the superhero segment (which was intended to be a sequel to the short film ''Robin's Big Date'') but pulled out to do ''Film/SevenPsychopaths'' instead.
* ''Movie 43'' was '''the''' movie to win the Worst Picture of 2013 [[UsefulNotes/GoldenRaspberryAward Razzie]].