* AllStarCast: One of the film's main selling points.
* AwesomeDearBoy: Subverted. '''[[http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/movie-43-casting-guilt/ Hugely]]'''. Played straight with StephenMerchant, who makes no apologies for the film and stated he signed on mainly to be around HalleBerry.
* CreatorBacklash[=/=]OldShame: The overwhelming ''majority'' of the cast has since gone on to display regret for being involved with the film. That many of them were roped into it against their will didn't help.
* DeletedRole: Several (see WhatMightHaveBeen). Also, Bob Odenkirk directed two segments that didn't make it into the US cut of the final movie, but is nonetheless still listed in the credits.
* DirectedByCastMember: Elizabeth Banks directed one of the segments, though the one she herself appeared in was directed by James Gunn.
* DuelingMovies: Another AnthologyFilm filled with VulgarHumor, VinceOffer's ''InAPPropriateComedy'', came out shortly after this.
* HeyItsThatGuy: The cast has Creator/HughJackman, Creator/HalleBerry, Creator/EmmaStone, Creator/ChloeMoretz, Creator/GerardButler, Seann William Scott, Chris Pratt, Josh Duhamel, Creator/KateWinslet, Elizabeth Banks, Creator/KristenBell, Johnny Knoxville, Creator/SethMacFarlane, Creator/AnnaFaris, Creator/PatrickWarburton, Jason Sudeikis, Dennis Quaid, Greg Kinnear, Creator/LievSchreiber, Justin Long, Creator/UmaThurman, Christopher Mintz Plasse, Richard Gere, Terrence Howard, Jack [=McBrayer=], StephenMerchant and Creator/NaomiWatts.
* NotScreenedForCritics: Though they panned it regardless.
* PlayingAgainstType: This may be the only time you'll get to see Naomi Watts dress up like a high school teenager and calling some kid "fuckface".
* TheShelfOfMovieLanguishment: The film began production in 2009 and was intended to ready for a 2010 release. Then original distributor Overture Films sold the rights (and later had everything at the studio but the name sold) to RelativityMedia, who continued to keep it in-and-out of production (missing a planned Spring 2012 date) until finally releasing it in 2013.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Farrelly wanted Creator/GeorgeClooney to do a cameo as himself in a segment where he would be shown to be bad at picking up women. Clooney's response, reportedly, was "[[PrecisionFStrike No fucking way]]".
** Colin Farrell was originally cast as The Leprechaun.
** Creator/TreyParkerAndMattStone were initially set to direct a segment but later dropped out.
** The framing device was initially supposed to involve three teenagers going on a treasure hunt to find the mysterious ''Movie 43'' of the plot and the rest of the segments would be featured as what the characters thought was it but wasn't. It seems that got dropped in favor of adding more cameos.
*** The version of the film released in the UK apparently retains this device instead of the 'movie producer' version.
** Creator/SamRockwell was originally attached to reprise Batman in the superhero segment (which was intended to be a sequel to the short film ''Robin's Big Date'') but pulled out to do ''Film/SevenPsychopaths'' instead.