* AuthorExistenceFailure: Motörhead was disbanded upon Lemmy's death at the age of 70, in December 28, 2015.
** Despite being the archetype of heavy metal, Lemmy preferred 'Rock and Roll' to describe his band's genre. This was a backlash because he displayed some disdain for this before. He was quoted as saying 'heavy metal was too slow and boring' at the time, and they wanted to play fast rock and roll as an antidote to it.
** Lemmy admitted that he had gotten sick of playing "Ace of Spades" at every concert, but he continued to do so because he knew that the fans wanted to hear it.
** Lemmy had publicly spoken out against the recent "Complete Early Years" box set due to its outrageous price tag ($600 at time of release).
** Lemmy also wasn't fond of Wrestling/TripleH's WWE themes, which he refused to play at concerts.
** The band made some poor business decisions earlier in their career with the result that many labels have released their own compilations featuring Motörhead tracks without being endorsed by the band.
** Motörhead's first label, United Artists, had no expectations for the band, so they shelved the real first album (''On Parole'') and only released it after the band started to make name for themselves at Bronze Records.
** After their stint at Bronze and GWR, Motörhead relocated to USA and signed to WTG (off-shoot of Epic Records). After releasing ''1916'', WTG gradually started to run themselves down intentionally and basically stopped promoting Motörhead and the band had to promote the next album (''March or Die'') themselves.
** After WTG shut itself down, band went to the German ZYX Eecords because they gave the best offer. Unfortunately, ZYX didn't want to put much effort to promote the band (beceause they claimed it would cost too much) and the album ''Bastards'' went unnoticed by the consumers.
* [[FanCommunityNicknames Fan Community Nickname]]: Motörheadbangers.
* NamesTheSame: "Killed by Death" single has two different tracks named "Under the Knife".
* NoExportForYou: Thanks to ZYX Records' incompetence, ''Bastards'' was rather hard to find... until 2001, when Steamhammer reissued it.
* OldShame: Lemmy expressed regret over appearing in the film ''The Decline of Western Civilization II: The Metal Years'' because he felt that the movie makes heavy metal fans and musicians look like idiots.
** Creator/MichaelPalin makes an appearance on the ''Rock 'n' Roll'' album.
** Music/OzzyOsbourne, on "I Ain't No Nice Guy". It helps that Lemmy wrote the song "Hellraiser" for Ozzy, which was later done by Motörhead themselves on ''March Or Die''.
** [[Music/GunsNRoses Slash]] also appears in "Hellraiser" and does some solo work on "You Better Run".