* ActorAllusion: When Lewis asks Wilbur what his currently-absent father looks like, Wilbur lies and says "Tom Selleck." When Wilbur's father shows up at the end of the film, he looks nothing like Selleck, but he sure ''sounds'' like him... This is actually a kind of reverse ActorAllusion: the scene was written first, and gave the director the idea to offer Selleck the role.
** Played straight with international releases, where the "Tom Selleck" line is replaced by whoever's playing Cornelius (the exceptions being the Brazilian, Dutch and French releases).
** There's also an Author Allusion, as Goob's baseball team is the Dinos, whose mascot looks an awful lot like [[Creator/WilliamJoyce Dinosaur Bob]].
* BoxOfficeBomb: The film grossed $97,822,171 domestically and $169,333,034 worldwide though Disney never disclosed the budget information. Estimates place it between [[http://www.boxofficeflops.com/yearly-breakdowns/2007-2/meet-the-robinsons/ $150]]-[[http://smokefreemovies.ucsf.edu/movie/49298 $195 million]] which includes marketing costs and re-animating portions that were discarded.
* BreakawayPopHit: "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas became a minor hit on adult contemporary stations.
* CastingGag: In the Japanese dub, it's not the first time Creator/RyokoShiraishi (Lewis) has voiced a [[WesternAnimation/JimmyNeutronBoyGenius genius kid]].
* CrossDressingVoices: Female Tallulah Robinson is voiced by male Stephen Anderson.
* ExecutiveMeddling: [[TropesAreNotBad In a good way]]. When Disney bought Pixar and John Lasseter took charge of Walt Disney Feature Animation as well, about a third of the movie was redone to improve on the story. However, the old guard almost revolted at it and openly expressed to the press that they hoped the film would bomb.
* TheOtherDarrin[=/=]TheOtherMarty: Daniel Hansen and [[Film/CharlieAndTheChocolateFactory Jordan Fry]] both voice Lewis. A good portion of the former's lines were redubbed with the latter.
* TalkingToHimself: Ethan Sandler voices no less than seven characters, mostly among the Robinson family. Director Stephen Anderson is the Bowler Hat Guy, Grandpa Bud, and Cousin Tallulah. ...yes, a female Robinson family member has a male voice for no reason!
* ThrowItIn: Wilbur's line about his father looking like Tom Selleck was intended to be a placeholder until the writers came up with something better, but not only did the line stay, they actually ''got'' Tom Selleck to play Cornelius Robinson!
* TroubledProduction: This film started under the guidance of Michael Eisner and David Stainton. They they were both kicked out and replaced with John Lasseter, who asked for a reworking of about 60% of the film, hence why its release was held back a year.
** Disney bought the rights to "A Day with Wilbur Robinson" in the 90s with the initial intention of doing a live-action film directed by Creator/PeterJackson
** Music/WeirdAlYankovic was considered for the role of Carl.
** A direct-to-video sequel called ''Meet The Robinsons: First Date'' was planned, but ultimately cancelled when Disney halted most of their direct-to-video slate in summer 2007.
** The pre-Lasseter treatment was something of an AffectionateParody (or, by consensus opinion, ripoff) of ''Film/BackToTheFuture.''
* WriteWhatYouKnow: Director Stephen Anderson is adopted and drew on his own experiences of growing up with that knowledge when developing the character of Lewis.