* ActingForTwo: Besides the title role, Martin Lawrence plays a ''ridiculous'' amount of recurring characters.
** In the first two seasons, Martin always kept a framed poster of ''Film/DoTheRightThing'' in his living room. It was one of Lawrence's first film roles and he played Cee.
** When Christopher "Kid" Reid of Kid n Play and ''Film/HouseParty'' fame guest starred, Sheneneh begs him to kiss her "like the way he did with that light-skinned girl in ''House Party''," referring to Tisha Campbell, of course.
*** It's a wonder that Kid [[CelebrityParadox didn't recognize his]] ''Film/HouseParty'' LoveInterest [[CelebrityParadox as Gina]].
** Marla Gibbs once guest starred as a new housekeeper. Her [[SassyBlackWoman sassy attitude]] was similar to her character on ''Series/TheJeffersons'', and when she first appeared at Martin and Gina's door, the couple said "You got the wrong apartment; you probably want 227" (another sitcom she starred in) and "You'll have to [[ThemeTuneCameo move on up]]" (or something along those lines).
* TheCastShowoff: Both Tisha Campbell and Tichina Arnold demonstrate their singing voices in a few episodes.
* TheDanza: Martin himself.
** Also Tommy, played by '''''Thomas''''' Mikal Ford.
** Two ''Series/SaturdayNightLive'' cast members were on the show: Garrett Morris (the first black male cast member from the "Not Ready For Primetime" era) played Martin's boss back when he worked at the radio station and Tracy Morgan (from both ''SNL'' and ''Series/ThirtyRock'') played a crooked street dealer named Hustle Man.
** Carl Anthony Payne II played Cockroach in the first few seasons of ''Series/TheCosbyShow''.
* ThoseTwoActors: Gina (Tisha Campbell-Martin) and Pam (Tichina Arnold) were two of the background singers for ''Film/LittleShopOfHorrors''. Then they reunited in the fourth season of ''Series/EverybodyHatesChris'' as neighbors.
* RomanceOnTheSet: Averted. Lawrence ''wanted'' this with his costar, but Campbell felt quite differently, leading to the tensions mentioned above. It has also been said that there was tension due to her new husband at the time, Duane Martin, being jealous of Lawrence and Campbell on the set and not liking him (he also wanted to be on the show but Lawrence said no). None of the other cast members supported her allegations, though. It does seem like something was going on between them at some point, though. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbxUKlyivyw&feature=related She is very close to him at 2:55 of that clip]].
* WordOfSaintPaul: Thomas Mikal Ford later revealed that Tommy works in [[spoiler:the National African American Tobacco Prevention Network]].