* BannedInChina: More like Banned On MTV. Seriously, what has she done that ''hasn't'' been challenged by some censor somewhere?
* CreatorBacklash: "Material Girl", for its MisaimedFandom.
* CreatorBreakdown: In 1991-1993, Madonna [[HotterAndSexier went into overdrive pushing the boundaries over sexual content in her work]], culminating in the release of ''The Sex Book'', the album ''Erotica'' and sexually explicit videos for the title track and "Justify My Love", and the movie ''Body of Evidence'', which had Madonna play a nymphomaniac who literally [[OutWithABang fucked her husband to death]]. This led to a critical backlash of epic proportions. Madonna has since said that those three years were largely the culmination of her anger at her critics over her sexually charged persona and that she went overboard largely as a "fuck you, I'll be even MORE sexually explicit and raunchy and make money doing it and have you all talking about me even while you bash me".
* DyeHard: She's a natural brunette, but she has dyed her hair a variety of colors, most commonly blonde.
* ExecutiveMeddling: NBC forced Madonna to re-edit the footage of her on the cross during the concert special for the Confessions Tour, to omit her being seen on the cross.
* NamesTheSame: Madonna has two totally different songs called "Forbidden Love".
* OldShame: While "Holiday" is a concert staple, Madonna has done her best to make sure the video for the song never sees the light of day.
* RealitySubtext: "Me Against Madonna", Mad TV music video parody of the Music/BritneySpears song "Me Against the Music", which portrayed Madonna (post ''American Life'') hunting down Britney Spears so that she can bite her neck and drain her "youth and energy".