* ActorAllusion: In "Sweet Pepper" Pepper has a crush on another animal and tries to change herself to impress him. In the ''WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic'' episode "Simple Ways" Rarity does the same thing. Both Pepper and Rarity are voiced by Creator/TabithaStGermain and both episodes aired the exact same week.
** Russell is not the first character Creator/SamuelVincent played who is either a [[WesternAnimation/SonicUnderground hedgehog]] or a [[WesternAnimation/EdEddNEddy neat freak]] (though he only did Sonic's singing voice; the rest of the time it was Jaleel White)
** In "Russell Up Some Fun" Russell utters, "Messy, messy, messy!" This was a line Creator/SamuelVincent's character Edd said a lot in ''WesternAnimation/EdEddNEddy''.
** In "Littlest Pet Shop of Horrors", Blythe's Halloween costume in the ColdOpen is a cowgirl riding a pony that closely resembles Applejack.
* AluminumChristmasTrees: The idea of jet fuel in a cleaning agent makes a bit more sense when you remember that people used to clean their clothes with gasoline.
* CrossDressingVoices: Jasper Jones is voiced by Creator/KathleenBarr.
* TheDanza: "Terriers and Tiaras" features a dog named Sam U.L., voiced by Creator/SamuelVincent. Also counts as a PunnyName.
** Creator/HeidiKlum as Heidi.
* FakeBrit: Delilah, voiced by Tabitha St. Germain.
* FanNickname: "Twilight Barkle" for Zoe Trent has picked up some steam due to her fur and hair color resemblance to [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic Twilight Sparkle]].
** Also "Appleblythe", seeing as a large portion of the episode "Terriers and Tiaras" involves Blythe sounding exactly like [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic Applejack]].
** Roger, who looks vaguely similar to Mitt Romney, is "[[AffectionateNickname Mittens]]".
* MythologyGag: Blythe and other characters have big eyes and heads because that's how [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blythe_%28doll%29 the original Blythe dolls]] looked.
* NamesTheSame: Russell Ferguson shares his name with a Krump dancer who won ''Series/SoYouThinkYouCanDance'' season 6. May or may not be an inversion[[note]]That is, the former may or may not have been deliberately named after the latter.[[/note]]
** Lampshaded with The Igors and Karinas in that [[ShowWithinAShow Shake-A-Leg]].
** It is most likely coincidential, but Josh Sharp's name is almost identical to that of Josh Sharpe, a high-ranking [[http://papa.org/the-tournaments/circuit-2013-14/standings/ competitive pinball player]] and son of Creator/RogerSharpe.
* NonSingingVoice: Zoe and Penny.
* PostScriptSeason: While the show never had much of a MythArc, season four was this for the series as the finale of season 3 ended on a big spectacle that involved the return of a lot characters implying that the writers felt that that was was going to be the last season before Hasbro gave them one more. The finale of S4 and the series as a whole felt like any other episode of the show with the only big thing to happen being [[spoiler: Roger, Blythe's father, revealing he always knew that she (and her mother) could talk to animals]].
* PromotedFanboy: MLP fan musician [=MandoPony=] [[http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/mandopony-invades-littlest-pet-shop.html contributed a song]] to an episode.
* RelationshipVoiceActor: Nicole Oliver and Tabitha St. Germain voice sisters Zoe Trent and Gail Trent after previously voicing sisters Celestia and Luna in ''My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic''.[[note]]This may have even been [[ActorAllusion done on purpose]].[[/note]]
* TalkingToHerself: Creator/ShannonChanKent voices Whittany and Brittany Biskit, their mother Eliza, and Youngmee Song.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Except for Sunil, most of the pets originally had different names. Zoe was [[Music/LadyGaga Lady Ra Ra]], Penny was Lolly, Pepper was Jasmine, Minka was Margo, Russell was Winston and Vinnie was Tony.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://lps2012.wikia.com Littlest Pet Shop (2012 TV series) Wiki]]
* WorkingTitle: ''Blythe Loves the Littlest Pet Shop''.
* WriterRevolt: "Topped With Buttercream" sure comes off this way. It's undoubtedly meant to promote the candy-themed LPS toys (which seem to be half the toyline), but it's not flattering to the concept at all. Characters mention off-hand the detrimental effects of a diet rich in sugar. The pets get high on sugar and turn into twitchy, paranoid, delusional savages. Buttercream seems to have been permanently damaged by sugar to the point where she has multiple verbal and physical tics. By the end of the episode, the pets ''run in fear'' from sugary snacks (although they get over it in future episodes).