!![[Film/LegallyBlonde The Film]]
** Subverted. Elle mentions growing up across the street from Aaron Spelling. The first choice for Elle was Tori Spelling, so it would have been one for her.
** In the sequel's opening, the girls look at a picture of Elle with Congresswoman Rudd (played by Sally Field) and say "Those are two kickass women. I like them, I really like them" - referencing Sally Field's Oscar acceptance speech.
* ActorInspiredElement: Reese Witherspoon suggested the one million dog march in the sequel.
* CaliforniaDoubling: Elle and Warner's conversation outside the courtroom was filmed in England, as that's where Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Davis were filming at the time of re-shoots.
* DevelopmentHell: The third movie, which has been in consideration for years and gone through multiple scripts. Reese Witherspoon has adamantly stated it will happen at some point.
* FakeAmerican: Canadian-born Victor Garber as Professor Callahan.
* HideYourPregnancy: Reese Witherspoon was pregnant during the second film.
* MethodActing: Reese Witherspoon decided to meet with several sorority girls to prepare for the role, not wanting to play a typical airhead. She found most of the girls to be very kind and polite - much as the various people at Harvard discover that Elle is not the AlphaBitch they'd assumed her to be.
** She also attended law school briefly.
* OldShame: Reese Witherspoon hated working on the sequel and the result of it so much, she canceled any plans for a third film. In recent years, however, she's been more open to returning to the franchise as long as they have a good enough story.
* ThrowItIn: A group of frat boys can be seen wrestling on the lawn in the opening credits. These were actual members of a fraternity in the college used for filming, Pasadena's CalTech Campus. They just wandered by the set and were invited to take part.
** Creator/CharlizeTheron, Creator/GwynethPaltrow, Alicia Silverstone, Katherine Heigl, Creator/ChristinaApplegate, Creator/MillaJovovich, Creator/JenniferLoveHewitt, and Tori Spelling were all considered for the role of Elle.
** Creator/ChloeSevigny turned down the role of Vivian.
** The story was originally to take place at the University of Chicago. The university objected to the scene where [[spoiler: Callaghan makes a pass at Elle]] and so filmmakers decided to set it at Harvard instead.
** The movie originally ended at the conclusion of Brooke's trial. The [[spoiler: scene with Warner and the final graduation]] were added in after test audiences complained that [[spoiler: Elle never got revenge on Warner]]. You can notice that Elle's make-up is slightly different outside the courtroom, as result. Also in the [[spoiler: graduation scene]] you'll note that Elle is paler and Emmett has a deeper tan.
** Margot and Serena were only going to be in the opening scene of the sequel, but their roles were expanded as filming went on.
!![[Theatre/LegallyBlonde The musical adaptation]]
* RomanceOnTheSet: The original Elle and Emmett - Laura Bell Bundy and Christian Borle - fell in love during the show's run and dated for a while after (they've broken up since then, though).