* TheCastShowoff: Sportacus showcases Scheving's amazing stunts and talent as a gymnast, to the point where the character won't simply ''walk'' anywhere - instead he'll flip, somersault, walk on his hands, cartwheel, etc. just to get to wherever he needs to be. Granted, the show was created by Scheving himself, but still...
** The actresses who play Stephanie are both trained dancers and singers and get chances to show off their moves and voices in most episodes.
** Stefan Karl (Robbie Rotten) is no slouch either, being an accomplished singer and dancer in his own right.
* CrossdressingVoices: Believe it or not, in the Chilean Spanish dub, ''Stephanie'' of all people, was voiced by a male voice actor (Rene Pinochet, who was the dub voice of [[WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender Aang]]) in the first two episodes, and later replaced by a proper female voice actress.
* DawsonCasting: Stephanie is eight years old (nine by the time of [=LazyTown=] Extra), while the actress who played her was a young teen. When the show was revived (once the Icelandic financial crisis had passed) the role was recast with the ten year old Chloe Lang. The original actress, Julianna Rose Mauriello, had turned twenty, too old, even allowing for this trope, to play the role convincingly.
* EditedForSyndication: When aired on NBC Kids in the United States, the verse about Stephanie being new in town is cut from the opening theme and the closing credits are aired compressed at the bottom of the screen during the "Bing Bang" song. The opening theme is also compressed. Some episodes are slightly cut to make room for even more obnoxious advertisements.
* MeanCharacterNiceActor: While Robbie Rotten isn't really a mean character per se, Stefán Karl Stefánsson the actor who plays him is founder and director of Rainbow Children, an anti school bullying organisation.
* NoExportForYou: Despite having been available in other markets since 2007, a number of episodes were only aired once in the United States. Noggin tended to air only season one episodes.
* TheOtherDarrin: When the series returned in 2013 after a long, long SeriesHiatus, Chloe Lang assumed the role of Stephanie in place of Julianna Rose Mauriello. As of January 2014, Scheving has stepped down from the role of Sportacus passing the torch to Dyri Kristjansson. Both actors have aged out of the roles, Mauriello is now in her twenties and can't convincingly play a preteen girl and Scheving has turned fifty and while still in great shape has wisely let a younger gymnast take on the physically demanding role.