* ApprovalOfGod: Robbie Rotten's actor has stated his appreciation for the "We Are Number One" meme and the sheer creativity that came of it.
* BeamMeUpScotty: A lot of people assume that the phrase Robbie shouts near the end of "We Are Number One" is a TitleScream. What he's actually shouting is "''Villain'' Number One", the original name of the song.
** Sportacus showcases Scheving's and Kristjansson's amazing stunts and talent as gymnasts, to the point where the character won't simply ''walk'' anywhere - instead he'll flip, somersault, walk on his hands, cartwheel, etc. just to get to wherever he needs to be. Granted, the show was created by Scheving himself, but still.
** The actresses who play Stephanie are both trained dancers and singers and get chances to show off their moves and voices in most episodes.
** Stefan Karl (Robbie Rotten) is no slouch either, being an accomplished singer and dancer in his own right. [[AwesomeMusic He probably also gets the best songs out of everyone else in the entire cast too]]; "You Are A Pirate", "Master Of Disguise", "Woof Woof Woof" and "We Are Number One" all have him as the lead vocalist.
* CrossdressingVoices: Believe it or not, in the Chilean Spanish dub, ''Stephanie'' of all people, was voiced by a male voice actor (Rene Pinochet, who was the dub voice of [[WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender Aang]]) in the first two episodes, and later replaced by a proper female voice actress.
** While the male children in the original version subvert this, several foreign dubs ([[SameLanguageDub even the UK dub]]) play it straight with at least some characters (e.g. Lorraine Parsloe as UK Ziggy).
* DawsonCasting: Stephanie is eight years old (nine by the time of [=LazyTown=] Extra), while the actress who played her was a young teen. When the show was revived (once the Icelandic financial crisis had passed) the role was recast with the ten year old Chloe Lang. The original actress, Julianna Rose Mauriello, had turned twenty, too old, even allowing for this trope, to play the role convincingly.
* DuelingDubs: The show has two English dubs. One airs in the UK, with the puppets re-dubbed by British actors, and certain terms being changed, such as "mailbox" being changed to "postbox". The show also has three Spanish dubs. The first dub airs on Disney Junior in Spain, the second airs on Boomerang and Discovery Kids in Latin America, and the third airs on V-me in the United States.
* EditedForSyndication: When aired on NBC Kids in the United States, the verse about Stephanie being new in town is cut from the opening theme and the closing credits are aired compressed at the bottom of the screen during the "Bing Bang" song. The opening theme is also compressed. Some episodes are slightly cut to make room for more commercials.
* MeanCharacterNiceActor: While Robbie Rotten isn't really a mean character per se, Stefán Karl Stefánsson the actor who plays him is founder and director of Rainbow Children, an anti school bullying organisation.
* MemeAcknowledgment: After countless "We Are Number One" parodies, the official [=LazyTown=] Website/YouTube channel decided to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLZsu_HTHOPSKpB9Ks0bVHd_zzGNbxgU1Q&v=9IRRUq59MSg get in on the fun.]]
** Then Stefan Karl, following his recovery from pancreatic cancer with fan donation help, decided to perform the song [[https://youtu.be/O3pf7HCbtXo?t=16m11s one last time]] in a livestream.
* NoExportForYou: Despite having been available in other markets since 2007, four episodes[[note]]"Miss Roberta", "[=LazyTown=]'s Greatest Hits", "School Scam" and "Dancing Duel"[[/note]] were only aired once in the United States. Noggin tended to air only season one episodes.
* TheOtherDarrin: When the series returned in 2013 after a long, long SeriesHiatus, Chloe Lang assumed the role of Stephanie in place of Julianna Rose Mauriello. As of January 2014, Scheving has stepped down from the role of Sportacus, passing the torch to Dyri Kristjansson. Both actors have aged out of the roles; Mauriello is now in her twenties and can't convincingly play a preteen girl, and Scheving has turned fifty, and while still in great shape, he has wisely let a younger gymnast take on the physically demanding role.
* TalkingToHimself: Bessie Busybody is voiced by Julie Westwood. In the UK dub, she also voices Pixel!
** In a similar fashion, Sarah Burgess voices both original series Trixie and UK Stingy!
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Jives, a character from the original play [=LazyTown=] was based on, was intended to be in the show, but ended up getting dropped. Despite this, his house can still be seen in the background of some episodes.