* ContestWinnerCameo: Amanda, the lady in the pie shop voiced by Roberta Williams, and her son Austin (voiced by Kevin Orcutt), are named after two contestants chosen as the winners in the "Be a Character in King's Quest V" contest in Inter Action Magazine. Entrants had to submit photos of themselves in outfits that would fit into the King's Quest world -- those costumes are exactly what the characters are wearing.
* FanNickname: King Graham is called "King Swayze" by WebVideo/PawDugan because of his in-game portrait's similarity to the late great film actor Creator/PatrickSwayze, and especially his role in ''Film/RoadHouse''.
* KillerApp: As with a lot of other games in the series, ''King's Quest V'' sold new hardware. In this case, it was VGA cards, as it was one of the first games to support the 256-color mode. Sierra attempted to do the same thing with CD-ROM drives with the voiced version, but we know how that turned out.
* OneBookAuthor: Narrator Art Lewicki seemingly hasn't done any kind of voice acting before or since this game. Especially glaring considering he wasn't even a regular Sierra employee unlike the other voice actors.
* TalkingToHimself: There are many of Sierra's staff actors who each voiced different roles:
** Josh Mandel as Graham, the Innkeeper's pal, and one of the harpies.
** Leonard "Ray" Bergeron as Crispin, the [[GratuitousGerman Toymaker]], and the Innkeeper.
** Dianah Pressley as Beetrice and Cassima ([[TheOtherDarrin the latter's voice work was replaced by Louise "Stevie" Vallance in the sequel]]).
** Barry T. Smith as the Toymaker's Son, the man in Serenia, the eagle, Rocky the Rock Creature, Dink, and Alexander ([[TheOtherDarrin Alex's voice work was also replaced by]] [[Disney/BeautyAndTheBeast Robby Benson]] [[TheOtherDarrin in the sequel]]).
** Diana Wilson as Alicia, the Willow, and Rosella ([[TheOtherDarrin the latter of whose voice work was replaced by Sheryl Bernstein and Maureen McVerry in both sequels]]).
** Gregory James Thomas as Herbert and the Gnome.
** Dan Long as King Antony and the Shoemaker.
** Sarah Long as Madam Mushka the FortuneTeller, the Shoemaker's wife, and the witch.
** Kevin Orcutt as [[ContestWinnerCameo pie shop customer Austin]] and a boy in Serenia.
** Dick Roberts as the Baker and his brother.
** Nancy Zdenek as the Elf and another one of the harpies.
** Guruka Singh Khalsa as the Tailor Shop's irate customer and [[spoiler:Manannan the Cat]].
** Mark Seibert as the Genie, the ([[MemeticMutation pOIsonous]]) snake and the singing ants.
** And [[CreatorCameo Roberta Williams herself]] as [[ContestWinnerCameo pie shop customer Amanda]], a woman in Serenia, one of the harpies, and a rat.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Sierra announced an UsefulNotes/AtariST version of the game, but ultimately canceled it, to the irritation of Sierra's European division.