* CashCowFranchise: At least until the bottom fell out of the adventure game market in the mid-late '90s, taking Sierra with it. It typically got first dibs on any new technology as a result, which could be either a blessing or a curse depending on the game.
* FanNickname: Among fans, the games are almost exclusively referred to as "KQ [roman numeral/#]"
* TheOtherDarrin: Each member of the Royal House of Daventry has had at least more than one voice actor. Graham (Josh Mandel in KQV, KQVI, and the AGI fan remakes, an unknown voice actor in a removed cutscene from KQVII, Creator/DaranNorris in Mask of Eternity), Alexander (Barry T. Smith in KQV, [[Disney/BeautyAndTheBeast Robby Benson]] in KQVI), Valanice (Sheryl Bernstein in KQVI, Carol Bach y Rita in KQVII), and Rosella (Diana Wilson in KQV, Bernstein in KQVI, Maureen [=McVerry=] in KQVII). Cassima can also count [[spoiler:as a new member of Graham's family]], since she is voiced by Dianah Pressley in KQV, and Louise "Stevie" Vallance in KQVI.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Sierra was planning remakes for the rest of the early VideoGame/KingsQuest games, but the [[TheyChangedItNowItSucks negative reaction]] from the fanbase to the VideoGame/KingsQuestI remake caused them to reconsider. That didn't stop them from doing remakes of other first installments of their popular series, including VideoGame/SpaceQuest and VideoGame/LeisureSuitLarry.
!!The books provide examples of:
* ApprovalOfGod: At times the official canon makes references to material from the books, in manuals and hintbooks, some of the ''King's Quest Collections'', the ''King's Quest'' trivia game "King's Questions", and Sierra's ''Interaction Magazine''. The manual for ''[=KQ6=]'' even utilizes Derek Karlavaegen as the author of that manual. Roberta Williams has also endorsed ''VideoGame/TheSilverLining''.