* CreatorInJoke: Kiki almost gets hit by a bus with 'Studio Ghibli' on the side of it. Other buses bearing the name can be seen when she's questioned by the police.
** Ghibli (technically "Jiburi") also makes the brand of pancakes Kiki favors.
* TheDanza: Kirsten Dunst provides the English voice of Kiki, which is her nickname in real life.
* DawsonCasting: Kiki was voiced by ''31-year-old'' Lisa Michelson in the Streamline version. Oddly, her voice sounds identical to 16-year-old Kirsten Dunst, who played Kiki in the Disney version.
* DuelingDubs: ''Kiki'' has two dubs each in English (Streamline and Disney), Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese (Disney and Discovery Kids), European Spanish, and Italian.
* ExecutiveMeddling: Kiki drinks coffee in the Japanese version, but it's changed to hot chocolate in the English dub. This is because Disney were worried that MoralGuardians would complain about a child drinking coffee.
* InMemoriam: A dedication to Creator/PhilHartman, the voice of Jiji the cat, appears after the credits; Jiji was Hartman's final original role as a voice actor before his murder in 1998.
* [[TalkingToHimself Talking To Herself]]: Kiki and Ursula are both voiced by Creator/MinamiTakayama in the Japanese version. Averted in the various dubs of the film, where Kiki and Ursula are voiced by separate actors.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Hayao Miyazaki was originally only going to produce the film, with Sunao Katabuchi directing. The original script writer dropped out and Miyazaki re-wrote the script himself, taking on reigns as director. Katabuchi remained on as assistant director.
* WordOfGod: Hayao Miyazaki says that the town in the film has one side on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea and another on the Baltic Sea.