* CreatorBacklash: Patricia Routledge does not approve of the ''Young Hyacinth'' prequel special, as she felt the BBC was running out of ideas by revisiting old programmes. Kerry Howard, who played Hyacinth in the special, defended it by saying that it's not a remake or reboot of the show, but a side story that rounds out the character.
* IAmNotSpock: Routledge often shows signs of this in interviews given how she is a talented theatre actress and musician; however Swift is very much a straight example. In one interview to ''Magazine/DoctorWhoMagazine'' during his appearance in the 2007 ''Series/DoctorWho'' Christmas special, he is quoted as telling fans of the show to fuck off if they ask him so much as a question regarding his time as Richard.
** The show stopped being produced not because it wasn't popular or had necessarily run its course, but because Routledge wanted to move on to different projects and didn't want to be typecast as Hyacinth (too late).
** Averted with Geoffrey Hughes (Onslow) and Judy Cornwell (Daisy) who have reprised their characters from the show over the years during fundraising drives for PBS in the US, where it remains shown weekly and quite popular.
* IronyAsSheIsCast: Patricia Routledge is a musical veteran and can sing. Hyacinth cannot.
* MeanCharacterNiceActor: The show is often aired on PBS in the United States, and one PBS station invited Patricia Routledge over for a donation drive special. Reportedly the person that went to pick her up at the airport was terrified he'd wind up being henpecked to death, and was relieved when she was instead quite charming and easygoing.
* TheOtherDarrin: Rose was played by Shirley Stelfox in the first series and then by Mary Millar in all later series.