* The titular rider (and by extension, Gills and Another Agito) is one of four primary Kamen Riders in the entire series (and the only Heisei Rider) whose powers are not directly related to the monsters fought in this series[[note]]The other three riders being ''Series/KamenRiderX'', whose powers were originally intended for marine exploration; ''Series/KamenRiderSuper1'', whose powers were originally meant for space exploration, and ''Film/KamenRiderJ'', who was created by benevolent earth spirits[[/note]] - while the Lords were created by the Overlord of Darkness in response to his brother, the Overlord of Light, giving humanity the Seeds of Agito so that humans could become more powerful than his brother, the Lords themselves do not use the Seeds of Agito as the source of their power. This makes Agito an abnormaly on the [[Series/KamenRiderWizard Cross of Fire]].
'''Trope Related Trivia:'''
* BreakoutRole: The is Seiji Takaiwa's aka [[FanNickname Mr. Kamen Rider's]] first stint as a Suit Actor for Kamen Rider. Since then, he's played EVERY single primary Rider except for Hibiki, with over 14 Heisei Riders under his belt ([[IncrediblyLamePun or rather their belts]]).
* MilestoneCelebration - This series was made during Kamen Rider's 30th anniversary and contain homages to past Kamen Rider Series. Some of the monsters are based on old villain's, and you can make the case the lead riders themselves are based on previous Kamen Riders. It also homages the ''Franchise/MetalHeroes'' series which Kamen Rider took the place of and incorporated some concepts.
* OlderThanTheyThink: While [[Series/KamenRiderStronger Tackle's]] status as a Kamen Rider continues to be debated upon, [[Series/KamenRiderRyuki Femme]] is not the first female to be shown transforming into an undeniable Kamen Rider form, and [[Series/KamenRiderHibiki Shuki]] isn't the first female Rider either on TV. Both of those honors go to [[spoiler:Yukina Sawaki, Shouichi's older sister and the first Agito, who is even shown in a flashback to (unwillingly and painfully) transform into Agito Ground Form.]] While she did not become an active Rider like [[spoiler: her brother]] or her more well known successors did, this is still an undeniable case of the first female Kamen Rider, at least within the Heisei Era
** The same lower face mask is used by most of the Lords. Other parts like the gloves and chestpieces can occasionally be seen repainted and reused, especially on the mammal-based Lords.
** The V1 System is composed of [[Series/TokkyuuShireiSolbrain Solbraver's]] helmet, [[Series/KidouKeijiJiban Jiban's body]] (With G3-X's chestplates, just so it's not too obvious), [[Series/TokusouExceedraft Tryjacket]] legs, and a [[Series/BlueSWAT BM-01 Dictator]] for a gun. All painted [[Series/SpaceSheriffGavan metallic silver]]. Whether he is a Franchise/KamenRider or a [[Franchise/MetalHeroes Metal Hero]] is still debated when this series comes up.
* RetroactiveRecognition: A relatively new ''Kamen Rider'' writer by the name of Creator/YasukoKobayashi wrote episode 28 of this series. In a rare case of the recognition being immediate, she was immediately hired to write [[Series/KamenRiderRyuki the next series]].
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: As noted on the main page, ''Agito'' was originally intended to be a sequel to ''Series/KamenRiderKuuga'', but the writers of the latter series objected, stating that doing so would have made Godai's battles meaningless.