* CastTheExpert: Christian Bujeau, who plays the weaponmaster, is an actual expert in medieval fencing.
* TheDanza: Averted; actor Lionnel Astier plays Léodagan, not Lionel de Gaunes.
* FanNickname: "Les Vains" ("The Vain Ones") for the comedic duo of Yvain and Gauvain (an alternate meaning being "the useless guys"...).
* IronyAsSheIsCast: Not about the skills, but about the religion; the Witch Hunter, the most repressive, openly catholic character on the show is played by the notoriously jewish French actor Eli Semoun.
* OneOfUs: Alexandre Astier proudly declares himself a Geek.
** Arthur's in-laws are played by Alexandre Astier's real parents, Arthur's brother-in-law by his half-brother, and Arthur's mother by his real-life stepmother. No nepotism here, though: they are all skilled actors, mostly from theater. He has also cast his children and wife in minor roles.
** Merlin and Nathair (the spy) are played respectively by Jacques Chambon and Luc Chambon, who are brothers.
** Christian Bujeau's son is an extra in the weaponmaster's classes.
* RealLifeWritesThePlot: On two occasions.
** The episode "Always" shows Arthur, Léodagan, Lancelot, and Calogrenant receiving a message stating that Perceval is dead, with the aftermath of that news. In the end it appears that he [[NotQuiteDead wasn't quite dead]]. That episode was written after an April 1st, when a journalist wrote an article announcing the death of Franck Pitiot (the actor who plays Perceval). Turns out, the journalist took for granted an Internet April's Fool.
** The episode "Au bonheur des dames" shows for the first time Bohort's wife, Berlewen. Alexandre Astier created the character after reading in some newspapers that Bohort was "Kaamelott's crypto-gay", because he didn't want anyone to "write the show for him".
** Also, there is a very rare example of subversion of this trope (which could also qualify as a RealLife SmarterThanYouLook): Kadoc, a character so stupid that he would be considered mentally deficient today, is played by Brice Fournier, a man who, before becoming actor, achieved a "classe préparatoire HEC" (a two-years preparatory class for entrance to HEC, a "Grande Ecole" specialized in business), a diploma in the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce of Lyon, a BA Management&Marketing in the University of Canterbury, a MBA in the Fordham Business School of New York, and a diploma in the Gemological Institute of America. Oh, and he opened his own restaurant in a wealthy and trendy neighbourhood of Paris, too.
* StuntCasting: A number of famous French comedians and actors have had cameos on the show, including Lorànt Deutsch, Élie Semoun, Alain Chabat, Guy Bedos, etc.
* StupidStatementDanceMix: Courtesy of the Burgund king.