!!For the band:
* [[BannedInChina Banned In Chile]]: In TheEighties, the band was banned from playing in Chile due to the Catholic Church's concerns over their "[[RockMeAsmodeus satanic]]" lyrics. The ban was eventually lifted and they were able to perform in Chile in the 2000s. People loved them, if the Flight 666 DVD is anything to go by.
* CreatorBacklash: Paul Di'Anno and Steve Harris have bitter memories about the Di'Anno years. Paul would call the band "The Music/SpiceGirls", on his shows, before doing a Maiden song from that era, while Steve despises the SelfTitledAlbum for its production and sound, as he said on ''The Early Days''.
** "H" for Adrian Smith. Say with an English accent to understand why.
** Song-wise, aside of the acronyms, "11:58" or "23:58" for "2 Minutes To Midnight" and "666" for "The Number of the Beast".
*** And also "Paschendale" is known by some as "Paschen-[[PrecisionFStrike fucking]]-dale"
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Paul Di'Anno still found time to praise Bruce Dickinson's singing in The Early Days documentary, despite his bitterness at never being able to reach the band's level of success.
** Bruce Dickinson. By day, Iron Maiden vocalist and more metal than a block of steel. By night, part time airline pilot and occasional fencer.
** Steve Harris. Massively muscled, tattooed all over, usually clad in standard Metal Uniform, a bit of a bookworm in his spare time (look at all the Maiden songs [[FilkSong inspired by English Literature]]).
* ThePeteBest: Anyone who played in the band before the debut album. Sometimes extended to Dennis Stratton, who was in that album. Subverted by Clive Burr, he played in ''The Number Of The Beast'' and left after it.
** Paul Di'Anno has had a similar career path to Pete Best. Popular in his day, the band got much more popular after they fired him, and he is somewhat bitter about it. His opinion on Bruce Dickinson varies - on The Early Days documentary he praises Bruce Dickinson's singing, and in a live concert from a few years later he says he doesn't like opera singing, because he's a punk.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Before ''Ed Hunter'', there would have been another Music/IronMaiden game, but it entered into DevelopmentHell and was eventually cancelled.
!! For the pinball machine:
* SimilarlyNamedWorks: Admit it, you thought the pinball was based on the band...