* AbilityOverAppearance: The casters had intended for Michael Stone to be white, like the rest of the main cast, but Adrian Lester's performance impressed them.
** In a season eight episode, Jodie Prenger plays a friend of the gang who winds up in hospital after using a dodgy diet product sold by that episode's marks. Before her acting career took off, Prenger won the UK version of ''TheBiggestLoser'' and subsequently worked as a writer on diet issues.
** In the final episode it's proposed that the now seven-person team should be called Film/TheMagnificentSeven. Albert, played by Creator/RobertVaughn, seems very taken with the idea.
* DawsonCasting: Mickey is meant to be the seasoned professional, while Danny is the young rookie. In reality, Marc Warren is a year ''older'' than Adrian Lester.
* DirectedByCastMember: Adrian Lester directed an episode of the final series (which resulted in Mickey spending much of the episode locked in a car boot).
* FakeAmerican: One episode had what may be a triple subversion: [[spoiler: they think [=JW3=] is American. He's played by American actor Richard Chamberlain. Then it turns out the character is British, and was a FakeAmerican all along. Then it turns out that he really is American, and was a FakeBrit for a bit.]]
* FakeBrit: Parodied - one episode has Albert convinced he can do accents, much to the others' horror.
* NoExportForYou: North America hasn't seen a DVD release of the series since Season 4.
* StarMakingRole: For Louise Mardenborough in season 7, with her [[FakeAmerican faux-American accent]] (claiming to be from Minnesota).
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Creator/CliveOwen turned down the role of Mickey.