* CreatorBacklash: Kevin Sorbo reportedly hated "The Warrior Princess" because of the PlotMandatedFriendshipFailure between Hercules and Iolaus.
* DirectedByCastMember: Kevin Sorbo directed "The Apple" and "War Bride." Michael Hurst directed "Mercenary," "...And Fancy Free," "One Fowl Day," "Faith," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bridge" and "Greece Is Burning."
** Recurrers Creator/BruceCampbell and Robert Trebor also had turns at directing (seven episodes and one, respectively).
* MissingEpisode: By the fifth season, the Sci-Fi Channel acquired the rerun rights... but not for the soon-to-be produced, eight episode long Season 6. Reruns continued well after the GrandFinale premiered, but Sci-Fi never aired those last eight episodes. (Fortunately for fans, Season 6 was released on DVD.)
** If there's Creator/SamRaimi, Creator/BruceCampbell is close by.
** And speaking of Sam, Ted Raimi is Joxer.
** Echidna is portrayed by Creator/BridgetHoffman. Anime fans would know her from a number of roles, including [[Anime/SerialExperimentsLain Lain]].
* TheOtherDarrin: Around four different actors played Zeus. Possibly TheNthDoctor, considering he's a god and can change forms.
** Nemesis was played by at least three different actresses - the last of which after she was BroughtDownToNormal.
* RomanceOnTheSet: Kevin Sorbo met his future wife Sam Jenkins during the filming of "Prince Hercules." Presumably, this was part of the reason why she was brought back only a handful of episodes later as Serena the Golden Hind.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Another spin-off with Autolycus as the lead? It was apparently briefly considered, but among those that nixed it was Campbell himself (as he felt it would make the character too much of a good guy and less of a wild card).
** Waylin the slave from ''The Lost Kingdom'' TV-Movie was originally going to be brought back as a recurring character. However, it was decided there was nothing else that could be done with the character. (Producers liked Robert Trebor, though, so Salmoneus was created in Waylin's place.)
** Following up on the Norse gods two-parter, Paul Robert Coyle had hoped to do a spin-off or at least a sequel story seeing Thor journey to Greece.
** Originally, the script for "Unchained Heart" would've seen Xena die in a HeroicSacrifice where RedemptionEqualsDeath. However, Herc's companion series at the time (''Vanishing Son'') was being cancelled and the studio wanted a replacement. The fact that production took a liking to the character didn't hurt, either.
** [[WeirdScience Vanessa Angel]] was originally cast as Xena, but she got sick and was unable to fly out for filming. Melinda Clarke (who would play Velasca on the spin-off) was also in the running at one point.
** Rob Tapert has said that the "Twilight of the Gods" storyline from ''Xena'' would've been done concurrently on Herc's sixth season had it been a full season and not eight episodes.