* TheCastShowoff: Ayaka Kimura and Mika Todd; due to the fact Ayaka spent a large part of her childhood in Hawaii and Mika is an American, both of them are fluent in English as well as Japanese, and both were given many opportunities to speak English in songs and on TV shows (Ayaka even hosted a "corner" on Hello Morning specifically due to this). Whenever Mini Moni were on Utaban, Mika would usually tell them whatever news she had by impersonating a news report in English before translating it into Japanese.
** Ai Takahashi and Kaori Iida are both excellent dancers and were afforded many opportunities to do so outside of the usual [=PVs=], concerts and TV performances.
* CreatorBacklash: In 2013, Koharu Kusumi confessed in a radio show that she left Morning Musume to distance herself from her IdolSinger image, viewing her tenure in the GirlGroup as only a foothold into the entertainment industry. She also mentioned that she preferred her post-Morning Musume career because she didn't need to practice for concerts and felt more comfortable with having more female fans.
* HeAlsoDid: Nozomi Tsuji and Ai Kago of W set the world record for the largest hula hoop spun in 2004 until Ashrita Furman broke it in 2005.
* NoExportForYou: Morning Musume's "Love Machine."
** Only the most recent albums by Morning Musume are available on iTunes outside of Japan, some (mainly defunct) groups are entirely absent. Sometime in April 2012, the UK iTunes store started selling all of Morning Musume's albums the 10 year anniversary groups [=EPs=] and some Ongaku Gatas [=EPs=].
** As of 2015, all Hello! Project songs seem to have been pulled from iTunes in the UK. Tanaka Reina's post-Morning Musume group, [=LoVendoR=], is still there though.
** Thanks to the newly-announced YouTube Red service, fans in the USA have been blocked from watching ''any'' Hello! Project videos -- which is sadly ironic when you consider that their adding English subtitles to their videos was an attempt to spread their music internationally in the first place!
* [[PromotedFanboy Promoted Fangirl]]: Niigaki Risa was a fan of Morning Musume before she joined the group. She has frequently been described by fans as being the member who seems to "get into" live performances the most.
** Sayashi Riho had admired Morning Musume ever since Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~ (2003), and joining the group had been her goal ever since.
** Ikuta Erina became a big fan of Niigaki Risa once she joined Morning Musume, and after the latter's graduation, she got to change her member color from Purple to Light Green, Niigaki's color in the group.
** Meimi Tamura was a fan of S/mileage before she became part of the group.
* Several members of Music/AKB48 have auditioned to be in Morning Musume, but didn't make the cut. Yuki Kashiwagi and Ayaka Umeda were some of the auditionees.