** To promote the Dragon Bash holiday, [=ArenaNet=] produced physical versions of the dragon piñatas that appear in game and sent them to assorted gaming journalists.
** In promotion for Season 2, Episode 5 (the mid-season premiere of the living story) saw real life versions of Glint's Hourglass sent to some press members.
* DummiedOut: There was originally going to be a Canthan (based off the Asian continent of the original game) district in the human capital of Divinity's Reach, but due to ExecutiveMeddling (the Asian market disapproved of multiple Asian cultures being lumped together as one), the whole district was turned into The Great Collapse, which has been rebuilt into the Crown Pavilion.
* FandomNod: [=ArenaNet=] is well aware of [[EnsembleDarkhorse Tybalt Leftpaw]]'s popularity, to the point of bringing in a couple of keepsake items related to him: a [[http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plush_Tybalt_Backpack_Cover Charr plush backpack]] made in his image (complete with an apple tag), and an [[http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Appleseller%27s_Lucky_Cog ascended accessory]] with his initials.
* FanNickname: Tequatl the Sunless -> Tequila Sunrise
** Another one, used by [=ArenaNet=] and subsequently adopted by the userbase, is Taco.
** The Sylvari are often referred to as "salad" due to their plant-based nature.
** Players who don't like Trahearne sometimes refer to him as "Rear Admiral Rutabaga".
** The [[NoNameGiven Deep Sea Dragon]] was nicknamed Bubbles. After the first letter of its name was revealed - ''S'' - the nicknames changed to [[SdrawkcabName Selbbub]] or ''Steve''.
** Steve is also the commonly used name for the chainsaw-wielding Horror that shows up in the Mad King's Labyrinth every Halloween event.
** During ''Heart of Thorns''' fight against [[spoiler:Mordremoth, each of the four illusions he sends against you supplies him with a unique buff which you then take for yourself. The buffs are named Occipital Mastery, Temporal Mastery, Parietal Mastery, and Frontal Mastery - after the four lobes of the brain. Fitting, given how Mordremoth's domain includes Mind...]]
*** Another interesting that happens during this fight, is when a Sylvari player brings non-Sylvari teammates into the instance. What happens after [[spoiler:Mordremoth attempts to influence the Sylvari Player, the non-Sylvari teammates will see them as 'hostile'. However, Sylvari Players will see their allies as 'neutral']]. This is a brilliant way to show that despite being affected by [[spoiler:Modremoth's influence]], the Sylvari player characters are still fighting to see what's right.
** A charr engineer NPC in Ashford is talking to her pet rat about a new idea she had.
-->'''Engineer''': What if we blew air through the molten iron, Whiskers? What do you think of that?
:::This is [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_oxygen_steelmaking Basic Oxygen Steelmaking]], which was a major advance in steel production IRL.
** Though the professions were revealed over a period of 18 months or so, all of them were guessed from concept art after the first reveal. The last profession to be revealed (the Mesmer) was the most popular guess for the last profession for about 10 months before it was actually shown. Of course, it was [[CaptainObviousReveal pretty much obvious]] that Mesmer would be a playable class, as it was the most unique and arguably iconic of the original 6 classes to appear in the first ''VideoGame/GuildWars'' (compared to the more generic Warrior, Ranger, Necromancer, Elementalist and Monk) so leaving it out of the sequel would have been outright ''nonsensical.''
** The fact that everyone knew the mesmer was the eighth profession for so long without official confirmation actually caused some problems for the official wiki, with the rampant speculation filling discussion pages and hindering actions to document the information that was available.
** In regards to the Queen's Jubilee Living Story event, many speculated that someone will attempt to assassinate Queen Jennah, but PlotArmor demanded her to be alive. This is especially true when during the Clockwork Chaos Living Story content where [[spoiler:Scarlet Briar, who led a group of Aetherblades attacking the Opening Ceremony, shot a rocket towards Queen Jennah during the Closing Ceremony. Luckily, Queen Jennah survived thanks to the fact that she created an illusion. [[ButtMonkey Lord Faren]], however, wasn't so lucky (although he does survive the fall).]]
** Many people had already come up with the theory on their own, the season finale of Living World Season 2 confirmed that [[spoiler:Sylvari are indeed minions of Mordremoth, which may be why they were immune to other dragons' corruption]].
** Upon seeing the initial ''Heart of Thorns'' promo, most people had guessed that the mesmer's elite profession would be time-based, and some even thought it would be called "chronomancer". This was later confirmed on April 30, 2015.
* LimitedSpecialCollectorsUltimateEdition: Of the super-special hard copy variety, with various bits and bobs of physical swag, as well as the digital deluxe edition, with bunches of special in-game stuff, which is also included in the other edition.
* TheOtherDarrin: Rox's VA got replaced at some point early in Season 4, because [=ArenaNet=] wanted to take her in a different direction.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: In the earlier stages of development, the Sylvari's [[PlantPeople vegetative nature]] was downplayed, to the point where they looked more like [[http://huntersinsight.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/sylvari-03.jpg traditional elves]]. Caithe (pictured, front row, first from the right) in particular had a ''much'' different design. Even that had already drifted a ''long'' way from [[http://www.guildwars2guru.com/uploads/gallery/album_1/gallery_3318_1_118979.jpg the first piece of concept art revealed]] when Anet first began discussing a sequel.