* ActorAllusion: It may not be a good idea to let Gert Fröbe [[DasVersprechen anywhere near school-age children in the Swiss Alps]].
* EnforcedMethodActing: The actor who played Oddjob was more of an athlete than an actor, and did not master the cinematic art of pulling back one's blows. When he injures James' neck in one scene, Sean Connery was actually hurt, and his discomfort was real.
** Also, during the infamous laser scene, the special effects team (positioned beneath the table, using a flamethrower to guide the laser light) did not stop torching the laser where they intended. Connery's visible distress is genuine, and he complained when shooting was over.
** And finally, a mook is splashed with scalding hot water early in the movie, and was actually burned.
*** Not to mention Harold Sakata was getting burned during Oddjob's electrocution, [[DyeingForYourArt but decided to keep going until the director yelled "Cut"]].
* HeyItsThatGuy: The head of the Bank of England who briefs Bond and M about Goldfinger's illegal activities happens to travel [[AHardDaysNight the the British railway "Regularly! Twice a week!"]]
* ''ISpy'' The American Television series referenced the then currently first-run movie in the episode "So Long Patrick Henry". Spy Kelly Robinson was upset at his partner Scott Alexander hiring a kid lookout for them who kept making [[JamesBond 007]] references, having seen ''Goldfinger'' [[SawStarWarsTwentySevenTimes 27 times]].
* MeanCharacterNiceActor: German actor Gert Frobe as Goldfinger. He was a member of the Nazi Party, and the film was consequently banned in Israel for many years until it was revealed that he secretly helped Jews flee the country.
** Harold Sakata as Oddjob too; Sakata had a reputation as a gentle giant off screen.
* TheOtherDarrin: The start of a long chain of Other Darrins for Felix Leiter, as Cec Linder takes over the role from Jack Lord (who wanted too much money to return to the role).
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Originally, OrsonWelles was considered for the Goldfinger role, but proved too expensive.
** The original plan for the climax was to have the climactic battle happen on the gates of Fort Knox, but it was decided that it would be [[RuleOfCool much cooler]] to actually get to see the vault from the inside.