* BasedOnADream: Mr. Fingers
* CreatorBreakdown: Tarol Hunt explained on his Twitter feed this is the reason Goblins hasn't updated recently.
* FanNickname: The various versions of Minmax, Kin and Forgath in the Maze of Many tend to get these, and there are a few others.
** Scorpikin (a Kin with a scorpion's lower body)
** Pipemax (a [[TheSpeechless silent]] Minmax who constantly smokes a pipe, even in combat)
** Psimax (a [[PsychicPowers Psion]] Minmax)
** Forghast (a Forgath with a Ring of Undeath that makes him hideous)
** Browgath (a Forgath who constantly shouts "BROW!" and nothing else)
** Evil Klik is also called Junior by the forumgoers, because it calls Dies-Horribly "Father".
* IKnewIt: Show of hands everyone who foresaw [[spoiler: Psionic Minmax using the machine to come back to life.]]
* RealitySubtext: Spoilered for the sake of sensitive readers. This concerns Kin's RapeAsBackstory. [[spoiler:Really, only click through if you're sure you want to know. [[note]]Kin's backstory [[http://www.goblinscomic.org/kins-story-is-kind-of-true/ was based on the rape of Tarol's own mother]]. She was captured by four men, and raped and tortured for days. When she told Tarol, he was unable to get his mind off it. His fantasies of hanging out with his heroes became fantasies of hunting down his mother's rapists with his heroes. Eventually, he wrote about it, through Kin. And he based Dellyn off the four rapists.[[/note]]]]
* ReferencedBy: Tempts Fate makes a [[TheCameo Cameo]] in [[http://antiheroescomic.com/comic/260 a few strips]] of the webcomic ''Webcomic/AntiHeroes''.
* ScheduleSlip: The strip regularly suffers from this.
** Still PlayedStraight, though differently, since an update timer was introduced. Originally, an update was scheduled every four days, then it went to five days. Also, when it ticks down to update time, it will occasionally skip back several hours (or even a day) and resume the countdown from there before updating.
* SeriesHiatus: ''Tempts Fate'' was initially intended to have a new scenario roughly every month. But then Thunt tried to make a scenario that got too big for him to handle on time while still staying on schedule with the comic. After a while he then made a mini-scenario to keep people satisfied in the meantime, and even then that one got put on a hiatus too.
* WordOfGay: According to WordOfGod, one member of the Goblin Adventuring Party is homosexual, though the character's sexuality hasn't cropped up in the series yet. [[spoiler: For those who want to know, it's Big Ears, the Paladin.]]