* AllThereInTheManual: According to the original script notes, Ursula is 25 years old and George is 27 in the 1997 film.
** Ursula (who was called Magnolia)-Her design was shortly reverted to her original run's Character design.
* CastingGag: The woman who says she wishes she could meet a man like George is played by Afton Smith, Creator/BrendanFraser's wife at the time.
* ChannelHop: The 2008 series aired on Cartoon Network in the US. For the 2015 revival, it's moved to Nickelodeon.
** In the UK, the 2008 series aired on Nicktoons. The 2015 series airs on Boomerang.
*** In 2016 they started airing the 2008 series on Boomerang, [[BlatantLies advertising it as new episodes of the 2015 series]] and [[ManipulativeEditing using the opening and credits from the 2015 series]], [[TheyJustDidntCare despite the two shows being very different]].
* DeletedScene: Some scenes were cut from the film, including:
** George having to save Ursula from a quicksand pit
** At the mall, George starts swinging around the store and goes on an adventure with Beatrice's dog
** Lyle returning from the African jail and arriving at the engagement party, completely bald and with an eyepatch
** George and Ursula reflecting about the city at a fountain, paying off the "What mean embarrassed?" scene from earlier
** Ursula is seen rushing to Betsy's car with her luggage after she realizes she loves George. This is scene actually appears in the TBS and Cartoon Network airings of the film.
* DirectToVideo: George of the Jungle 2 was released for VHS and DVD.
* GeniusBonus: Chuck the Rain Spirit is a reference to Chaac the Mayan Rain God.
* TheOtherDarrin: The sequel recast the roles of George, Ursula, and Ursula's mother; only Thomas Haden Church (Lyle) and John Cleese (Ape) reprised their roles from the first movie. It is said that Brendan Fraser was offered to come back but didn't want to go through the training process to get his body to the build needed for the role. He even came up with a joke for the movie that he would come back a bloated mess and be lured off the set by donuts, but it wasn't used. Naturally, the movie makes fun of this:
-->'''Narrator:''' Huh? Wait a minute! Who the heck are you?\\
'''George''' ''(now played by Christopher Showerman)''''':''' Me new George. Studio too cheap to pay Brendan Fraser.
** The 2015 revival of the 2008 series replaced the entire voice cast due to production being moved from Vancouver to Toronto.
*** George and Tookie Tookie are WesternAnimation/JimmyTwoShoes and [[WesternAnimation/TotalDramaIsland Mike/Mal]].
*** Ape is [[WesternAnimation/SamAndMaxFreelancePolice Max]] and [[WesternAnimation/AlmostNakedAnimals Howie]].
*** Magnolia (previously named Ursula) is Manga/SailorMoon (well, the third one).
*** Ursula is voiced by Bridget Wareham, who has no previous voice credits.
*** The Narrator is [[Manga/SailorMoon Professor Tomoe]].
* ShortRunInPeru: Europe got the 2015 series before North America.
* SimilarlyNamedWorks: The 2008 series and the 2015 series both have an episode called "George Lays an Egg".
* TalkingToHimself: In the 2008 series Magnolia and Tookie Tookie are both voiced by Creator/TabithaStGermain.
** In the 2015 series, George and Tookie Tookie are both voiced by Cory Doran.
* TropeNamer: For WatchOutForThatTree, of course.
* [[Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000 Joel Hodgson]] was a script doctor on the first film and helped come up with the AnimatedCreditsOpening and much of Ape's dialogue.
* UnCanceled: As of August 2013, the 2008 series has been picked up for more episodes.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Ursula was originally named Jane in the unaired pilot and early scripts, but ABC executives ordered it changed to avoid a lawsuit from the estate of Creator/EdgarRiceBurroughs. The staff named Ursula after actress Ursula Andress.
** Brendan Fraser was supposed to show up in the sequel making fun of the real reason why he wasn't the main character (he wasn't willing to go through the extensive training he did for George in the beginning) - as a bloated fatass who gets distracted off-set by donuts. (The idea was [[SelfDeprecation by him]], by the by.) It wound up being canned.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://georgeofthejungle.wikia.com/wiki/George_of_the_Jungle George of the Jungle Wiki]]