* ActorAllusion: The English dub created one by casting Creator/SpikeSpencer, the English voice of [[Anime/NeonGenesisEvangelion Shinji Ikari]], as Takuma, who protests that he doesn't want to climb into a giant mecha and is told that he mustn't run away.
** Likewise, when Kurz introduces himself to Kaname and Kyoko, he puts on a FunnyForeigner act. In the dub, he affects an Italian accent; Creator/VicMignogna is of Italian descent.
** Allison Keith previously played Misato Katsuragi, a woman who likes to drink beer to relax and arms herself with a USP pistol.
* AuthorExistenceFailure: Creator/MikeKleinhenz passed away only a few years after ''The Second Raid'''s dub was released, meaning that when ''Invisible Victory'' is inevitably dubbed in English someone will need to take over as Kalinin.
* CastingGag: In episode 14 of the first anime, the OpposingSportsTeam's leader is a parody CharClone voiced by Creator/TetsuInada, who's played that role twice before in a more serious capacity[[note]]As Harry Ord in ''Anime/TurnAGundam'' and Elzam Braunstein[=/=]Ratsel Feinschmecker in ''VideoGame/SuperRobotWars''[[/note]].
* TheDanza: Yukari, the AI in Kurz's Arm Slave, is voiced by Creator/YukariTamura. This also partly crosses with ComicBookFantasyCasting, since the original novels noted that Kurz intentionally modeled the AI on "a popular Japanese idol", even providing voice samples.
* PlayingAgainstType: Creator/JoshGrelle as Admiral Borda.
* TheShelfOfMovieLanguishment: The release of the first anime series got pushed to 2002 due to 9/11 and edits to Sousuke's homeland of Afghanistan.
* StarMakingRole: Creator/ChrisPatton as Sousuke Sagara and Creator/LuciChristian as Kaname Chidori.
* TooSoon: The name of Sōsuke Sagara's "home" country (Afghanistan) was changed in the anime and translation to a fictional country (Helmajistan).
** Likewise, the second half of ''Fumoffu'' episode 1, in which Sōsuke (fakes) kidnapping a young boy to use as leverage against thugs who kidnapped Kaname, never aired on Japanese TV due to a string of kidnapping cases at the time.