* CreatorsFavorite: Creator/YoshitakaAmano has stated that of all characters he has drawn for ''Franchise/FinalFantasy'', Terra Branford from ''VideoGame/FinalFantasyVI'' is his favorite.
* DuelingGames: Before Square and Enix merged, ''Final Fantasy'' and ''VideoGame/DragonQuest'' were very much rivals of one another. Even today (mainly in Japan), there is still some rivalry over which series is better.
** And within the BrokenBase of ''Franchise/FinalFantasy'' fandom, while many different games' fans are at each other's throats, likely the best-known rivalry is between fans of ''VideoGame/FinalFantasyVII'' and ''VideoGame/FinalFantasyVI'', with many of the latter resenting the former's popularity, which is believed to be undeserved as compared to their own game, and the former thinking ([[UnknownRival if they care at all]]) that the title of best ''FF'' game is theirs and the old-school fans need to get over themselves already. This usually manifests itself as fighting over which game had the coolest villain.
* MagnumOpusDissonance: Hironobu Sakaguchi considers ''IX'' the best title in the series. The game received mixed reactions and sold the least copies of all the PlayStation 1 installments of the franchise.
* MeaningfulName: A lot of the names in the FF world draw upon mythology, religious beliefs, and fiction. A good example is all of the [[SummonMagic summons]], who are named after mythical figures, places, or objects such as Leviathan, Kujata, Shiva, Hades, and Ark to name a few.
** Some of the weapons are named after legendary ones such as Excalibur, Masamune, Gigas, and so forth.
** Certain [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin spell names]] are obviously what they do also.
* NamesTheSame: Elmyra Gainsborough has nothing to do with [[WesternAnimation/TinyToonAdventures that other Elmyra who wants to love you and squeeze you into itty-bitty pieces]].
* TheWikiRule: [[http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Wiki Right here.]]