** The line "What are you kids, stupid or something?" is spoken, a reference to ''Film/ForrestGump'', in which Creator/MykeltiWilliamson (who plays George) starred as Bubba.
** A Director Allusion as well: does the logo on the ambulance [[Film/SnakesOnAPlane look familiar to you from another David R. Ellis film?]]
*** Yes, it looks familiar, it's Staff of Asclepius, [[Film/BlackDynamite of course]]. The similar-looking but separate caduceus symbol was what got co-opted into the ''Snakes'' poster.
* FranchiseKiller: Though there was another one after it, ''The Final Destination'' was the film that brought the series past the point of no return.[[note]]Or, if you prefer, [[IncrediblyLamePun to its final destination]].[[/note]] It was the biggest hit in the franchise since the first, largely thanks to the addition of 3D, but it was so poorly received by critics and fans alike that people stayed away in droves from ''Final Destination 5'', leading to that film's failure driving the final nails into the coffin (despite [[AcclaimedFlop generally being considered]] [[SurprisinglyImprovedSequel a much better movie]]).
* TooSoon: The 9/11 reference in ''Final Destination 3'' (a picture of one of the towers covered by a shadow of a plane), which was considered [[UnacceptableTarget tasteless and offensive]] by critics, is removed from the TV version of the film.
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: The cameras used and the music for the soundtrack place the movie sometime after the the 1980s, but the under-reaction to a guy saying a plane is going to explode, which turns out to be true, clearly shows the movie was made before 9/11.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: In the early stages of ''Final Destination 2'', Tim Carpenter was envisioned as a 5-7 year old, but there was uneasiness in making a movie where such a young character gets killed in a gruesome fashion. In the movie proper, he was born 1986 and met his end on May 14, 2001, still making him the youngest victim in the series.
** James Wong of the ''Series/TheXFiles'' wrote a script for the show that was never used. This script was adapted into what would become the first ''Final Destination'' movie.
** The working title for the first film was "Flight 180", but was changed due to ExecutiveMeddling on the grounds that it was too similar to other plane-related films like ''Film/ConAir'' and ''Film/AirForceOne''.
** Alex was going to be in the 2nd movie, but negotiations fell through with actor Devon Sawa, [[spoiler:[[BusCrash so he was killed off]]]].
*** A draft of ''[=FD3=]'' had Kimberly and Thomas, the survivors of ''[=FD2=]'', making cameos in the final scene with Wendy, Julie and Kevin on Train 081...[[spoiler:[[SuddenSequelDeathSyndrome only to be killed with them during the derailment.]]]]
** Creator/KirstenDunst was cast as Clear in ''Film/FinalDestination'' but replaced by Ali Larter.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://finaldestination.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Destination_Wiki Yep]].
* WordOfGod: It is stated in ''Final Destination 3'' that [[spoiler:Kimberly and Thomas]], the only survivors of ''Final Destination 2'', died five years ago, just before the last three people of ''Final Destination 3'', thus sealing the really complicated rift created by their survival.