* DawsonCasting: In the movie, D-Fens is referred to as being in his late 30s, but Creator/MichaelDouglas was 47 at the time the movie was shot in 1992.
* DoingItForTheArt: Creator/MichaelDouglas loved the script so much that he agreed to take a much lower salary so the film could also have more money to be made.
* FakeNationality: Detective Brian says that he can't translate for Mr. Lee because he is Japanese and Mr. Lee is Korean. In real life, Steve Park is Korean and Michael Paul Chan is Chinese.
* NeverTrustATrailer: Played up as a tale of modern revenge, a kind of ''Film/DeathWish'' for the nineties. Robert Duvall's character isn't given any attention.
* OneHitWonder: While he's had a long career as an actor both before and after this film, it's one of only two writing credits that Ebbe Roe Smith has, alongside the critically-mauled film adaptation of ''Series/Car54WhereAreYou''.
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: Foster being a defense contractor who lost his job after the fall of the Soviet Union could ''only'' be a plot point in the specific time this film was made.