* BlackSheepHit: Guitarist John Norum felt that way about "The Final Countdown", and the associated style, so he left the band. He eventually returned when they reunited.
** Their fifth album was originally titled ''Break Free'' and was finished in November 1990, but their record label was reportedly not satisfied with the material and asked the band to write more hit songs. The album was eventually renamed ''Prisoners in Paradise'' and released in September 1991.
** A more positive example revolves around "The Final Countdown". When they wrote it, the band were just looking for a cool concert opener, and had no plans to release it as a single. One suggestion from Creator/EpicRecords later, they had their biggest worldwide hit.
* HeyItsThatGuy: The video for "Got To Have Faith" (2004) has the Ghost Rider, a stunt biker in Sweden with a secret identity, notorious for riding at excessively high speeds in traffic.
* OldShame: Their very first music video, "In the Future to Come". A video so bad it was reportedly broadcast only once - in Japan.
* OneHitWonder: "The Final Countdown," to many people. However, they did have another top 10 hit with "Carrie," which peaked higher in the US but is less memorable than "Countdown."
* ThePeteBest: Tony Reno.
* SequelGap: Europe was on hiatus 1992-2003.