* CastingGag: In the Japanese dub, Cassie is voiced by Creator/RieTanaka, who already voiced [[Anime/MobileSuitGundamSEED girls]] [[Anime/MobileSuitGundamSEEDDestiny related]] [[WesternAnimation/AdventureTime with the color pink]]. The same goes as well with her English voice actress as well, albeit only related with Lacus.
* HeAlsoDid: Behind the scenes, Wesley Eure- famous for ''[[Series/LandOfTheLost1974 Land of the Lost]]'' in the 70s and ''Series/FindersKeepers'' in the 80s, was a co-creator. He wasn't credited when the series landed, however; he ended up suing Sony over it.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: While a number of official DVD releases are available, there was never a complete series release. Which means that even if you shell out for every official DVD, you'll still be missing quite a bit of the show. January 2013 saw the show made available on Netflix Instant Streaming, [[NoExportForYou which is still of no help]] [[RegionCoding to those living outside the US]]. Because when Netflix went global in 2016, the show didn't follow and isn't available on Netflix in a lot of countries.
** Not to mention, Netflix cut out all of the awesome songs, leaving fans to purchase the [=DVD=]s and soundtracks as the only way to get the songs, as the show no longer airs on PBS or Sprout.
** As of March 2017, the show has been pulled from Netflix.
* PlayingAgainstType: You don't get to see the otherwise awesome Creator/ScottMcNeil play a PungeonMaster tree anywhere else.
* RelationshipVoiceActor: A cross-language one between the Japanese dub and the original English version: Both Creator/RieTanaka and Creator/ChantalStrand (Cassie) voiced [[Anime/MobileSuitGundamSEED Lacus Clyne]] in their respective languages.
* ScrewedByTheNetwork - Screwed by [=RTM1=] in Malaysia. Only season 1 made it through, and even then it was frequently pre-empted, and when they cut to commercials, they did not pause the master tape, causing scenes to go missing.
** According to Wesley Eure's website, Zak and Wheezy were originally named Snarf and Bugger.
** According to Jeffrey Scott, who created the show's bible and did a lot of the story-editing, what could have been was a dull, boring show had the writers been forced to follow the original directives. They were given a manual to write from which was very heavy on enforced curriculum, but after delivering the first batch of scripts, all parties involved agreed that they were awful. After this, they were told to put entertainment first and just find ways to shoehorn the morals and lessons in.