* FanNickname: [[WesternAnimation/TheLandBeforeTime Ozzy and Strut]] for the two ''Oviraptors'' that fight over Aladar's egg.
* HeyItsThatVoice: Kron is [[Disney/TheLittleMermaid Sebastian]]
** Yar is voiced by none other than the late Ossie Davis.
** Creator/FrankWelker as the Carnotarus.
** Zini is [[JakAndDaxter Daxter]].
** Suri is [[KingdomHearts Kairi]].
** Aladar is [[Disney/BrotherBear Sitka]] and [[WesternAnimation/TheLegendOfKorra Avatar Aang]].
** The brazilian dub has a rare case of CelebrityVoiceActor: Aladar was voiced by [[https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fábio_Assunção Fábio Assunção]], Neera was voiced by [[https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malu_Mader Malu Mader]], Baylene was voiced by TV host legend [[https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebe_Camargo Hebe Camargo]] and Eema was voiced by [[https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nair_Bello Nair Bello]]. As for actual voice actors:
*** There's Orlando Drummond (Scooby-Doo, Grim) as Yar
*** Mônica Rossi (Jessica Rabbit, Esmeralda) as Pilo
*** Cláudio Galvan (DonaldDuck, Goober) as Zini
* PlayingAgainstType: Whoever knew Samuel E. Wright, the voice of the [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold Softshell-hearted crab]] [[Disney/TheLittleMermaid Sebastian]] could play a rude total jerk-ass demanding iguanadon, with almost nothing redeeming about him?
* ScienceMarchesOn: Oviraptors were assumed to be nest raiders when they were first discovered, and named appropriately. Then it turned out, thanks to new technology, that the eggs they are usually found with contain baby ''Oviraptor''. This is more a case of TheyJustDidntCare, since this discovery was made several years ''before'' the movie. However, this discovery does not completely rule out the inclusion of eggs in an ''Oviraptor'''s diet. Recent research has however, revealed ''Oviraptor'' nests, containing embryonic bones from other species, as well as its own, suggesting that it may have eaten eggs after all...
** The ''Pteranodon'', despite being accurate for its time, is shown dip-feeding (snatching food from the water with its beak) and rearing its young like birds. In recent years, its been proven that ''Pteranodon'' would be more likely to catch food by swimming (its prey was noted to be rather small, so dip-feeding would have been impractical) and that baby pterosaurs would have been able to take care of themselves when they were born.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The original goal was a film without dialogue but with a narrator; then the writers decided it would have been too docu-like without talking animals.
** Which is nothing compared to some of the other rumored plans for this film. Imagine a ''Creator/PaulVerhoeven Disney movie''.
*** Why imagine when you could just watch ''Film/StarshipTroopers'' (co-produced by Disney's Touchstone Pictures arm and (outside North America) released by Disney's Buena Vista)?
** Also, the villain was actually originally going to be a TyrannosaurusRex instead of a Carnotaurus. This is still evident in the final film, due to the Carnotaurs being essentially the same size as adult Tyrannosaurus, thus making them two to three times bigger than real life Carnotaurus.
** The original "star" species of the movie was originally ''Styracosaurus'' before being changed to a''Iguanodon''.
** An early draft had Aladar named Noah, and traveled with Adam (later Zini) and his two grandparents. Kron was named Cain, and the film had a more religious take on things. Noah would have visions of the future that would make him an outcast, and Kron sought to rule ''all'' herds of dinosaurs. The world was much more lush, and finding food and water did not seem to be a big problem as it is in the final film. Some scenes included Kron leading the herd across a river swarming with predators, and Aladar's grandparents letting themselves be killed by the Carnotaur when they grow too weary to keep up with the herd.
** There would've been a scene depicting Neera being attacked by raptors while trying to save the orphans, and being saved by Kron. And we would've seen the Stygimiloch (the Pachycephalosaur that we see the Carnotaur eat while Aladar hides from it) collapse from exhaustion.
** Another more light-hearted scene would've had Eema stubbornly give up the journey and her position as the group's guide, only getting back up when Yar was offered her job.
** Neera would've tried to save the orphans from raptors, only for her to need Kron to begrudgingly save her. This was removed so there could be more of a breather after the intense cave attack.
** An alternate scene showing the Carnotaurs scaring off the raptors, who are still eating the Gallimimus they've picked clean in the final cut.
** An abandoned backstory for the Nesting Grounds, in which Eema tells the story of Old Gatoma, a long dead Iguanodon who was the first to find the valley and led the herd to it every year.
** Concept art suggests Url would've been much larger, about the size of Eema even! And there would've been more sauropods in the herd.
** The ''Brachiosaurus'' character was originally a young male named Sorbus, voiced by Chris Farley, who would've been afraid of heights despite his gigantic nature. However, when Farley suddenly died in 1997, the character was rewritten as Baylene, with a working name of "Chastain".
** A backstory for Kron and Bruton as children was dropped.
** The scenes involving Bruton and a scout being ambushed, Aladar and Neera's talk, and the misfits being left behind originally took place at night.
** A ''Mosasaurus'' was going to appear, and a finished model of it can be found on the Collector's Edition DVD, suggesting it was cut rather late in development.