* CaliforniaDoubling: ''Death Wish 3'' was set in New York, but filmed in London.
* CreatorBacklash: Brian Garfield, the author of the original novel, sued the filmmakers for twisting the source material (ironically, the point of Garfield's novel was that vigilante tactics ''weren't'' the solution). You can probably guess from the four subsequent sequels that he lost.
** The first movie has Creator/JeffGoldblum in his screen debut playing one of the criminals who attack Kersey's wife and daughter. DenzelWashington and Sonia Manzano (''Series/SesameStreet'''s Maria) also have tiny bit parts; as a mugger and a grocery clerk respectively. Creator/ChristopherGuest also appears as a patrolman.
** LaurenceFishburne is one of the main bad guys in the first sequel.
** [[BillandTedsExcellentAdventure Bill S. Preston, esq.]] as a small bit rapist and [[Series/StarTrektheNextGeneration Marina Sirtis]] in ''Death Wish 3''.
** Creator/DannyTrejo in ''The Crackdown''.
* OldShame: Bronson wasn't happy about the third film, and rarely spoke about it.
* RecycledSoundtrack: Some music in ''The Crackdown'' was taken from ''Film/MissingInAction'' and ''Film/InvasionUSA1985''.
* SameLanguageDub: Some of the extras in ''3'' were dubbed over due to their British accents.
* ViewersAreMorons: Third film's number was supposed to be roman like in the second film, but it was changed because it was believed that Americans don't understand roman numbering.
** Creator/FrankSinatra, Creator/ClintEastwood and Creator/SteveMcQueen turned down the role of Paul Kersey.
** Music/IsaacHayes was approached to do the music for the second film.
** There were plans for a sixth film with the subtitle ''The New Vigilante''.
** As well as plans to bring back Kersey's girlfriend from the second film for a cameo in the third or fourth--to be killed off, of course.
** One of the original drafted scripts for the fourth film was based around a plot involving Kersey playing two rival gangs against each other. Another one involved Kersey being secretly hired by the government to assassinate an international warlord.