* [[BannedInChina Banned In Britain]]: Rather [[UsefulNotes/TheTroubles understandably]], the IRA vs. Taliban episode did not air in the UK. Nor did the "Back for Blood" special which included the IRA a second time.
** It seems that Bravo cut out the Stiletto test from Jesse James gang vs Al Capone gang and in KGB vs CIA they cut the use of the exploding cigar at the start of the sim.
* ExecutiveMeddling: Many of the experts who appeared on the show have complained that executives pressured or even outright ordered them to showcase weapons that were cool instead of weapons that were BoringButPractical.
* OneOfUs: The three hosts are clearly as psyched by their jobs as we are.
* PromotedFanboy: Before he became a host, Richard "Mack" Machowicz revealed that he is a fan of the show in one of the Season 3 preseason Aftermaths.
* Spartan vs. Ninja immediately disproved the "skill always trumps power" trend that began with Gladiator vs. Apache and Viking vs. Samurai. The second instance of "power" trumping "skill" is Vlad the Impaler vs. Sun Tzu.
* Atilla the Hun vs. Alexander The Great was the first simulation battle to have extra soldiers (who end up as mere fodder) alongside the main fighters, but Jesse James vs. Al Capone was the first to have a squad battle with leaders.
* Jesse James vs. Al Capone was the first squad battle that ended with more than one of the winning team left standing as opposed to just one man remaining. It's also the only episode is which one title character is NOT killed by the other title character, as Frank is the one to deliver the kill shot to Al Capone, and not Jesse himself.
* The KGB vs. CIA was the first battle that featured females in combat (their first actual appearance in a combat scenario was Mafia vs. Yakuza as a bystander).
* The Ming Warrior vs. Musketeer is the first team battle that takes place without any buildings in sight.
* The Navy SEAL vs. Israeli Commando is the first battle that had a weapon perform a [[OneHitPolykill polykill]] in the simulation.
** While that battle had a polykill as the ''last'' kill, a polykill was the ''first'' kill in Saddam Hussein vs. Pol Pot.