* ActingForTwo: The number of actors working for the film was extremely limited, so nearly everyone aside from the leads and BigBad Fender play multiple roles, usually as FacelessMooks.
* IronyAsSheIsCast: When Fender steals the boat he takes to Charleston, he declares that he can't swim and hates water. The guy is played by a professional surfer.
* TheOtherDarrin: Cash is played by Angelina Jolie in Part 2 but a different actress in Part 3.
* PropRecycling: See TroubledProduction.
* ShoutOut: Fender does one to ''Film/BladeRunner'' by referring to Pearl as a "skin job".
* SleeperHit: The budget was of roughly $500,000. The gross revenue was $29,866,459. Even if one takes in account the two million dollars spent on PropRecycling, those are healthy numbers.
* TroubledProduction: And how!\\
Back on the early and late 80's, Cannon Films was planning on making both a ''[[SpiderMan Spider-Man]]'' film and a sequel to ''Film/MastersOfTheUniverse''. Albert Pyun was at the helm of both projects, with plans of filming them back to back. However, after more than a dozen re-writes and an investment of two million in pre-production and very early production, Cannon Films began to lose money fast. It eventually lost the rights for both franchises.\\
Wanting to recuperate some of the money and time invested, Albert Pyun was tasked to come with a project that could use the production assets like sets and costumes of both failed projects. Pyun came up with the story in a weekend. $500,000 dollars and 24 days of frenetic shooting and editing later, ''Cyborg'' was released.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The script was written with the idea of ChuckNorris playing the lead, [[ExecutiveMeddling but co-producer Menahem Golan cast Jean-Claude Van Damme instead]] for still unknown reasons.
** Albert Pyun's original vision was going to be a black and white film with little dialogue.