* ActorAllusion: Officer Earl Devereaux is voiced by Mr. T, and his character sure acts a lot like him. One of his lines also includes a variation on "I pity the fool." He has a bald spot which is the exact opposite of Mr. T's bald head with Mohawk, and T-shaped facial hair. Not to mention that [[spoiler:during the food flood as he's carrying his wife and son on a raft, he jumps through a fallen tortilla chip and comes out the other side, [[ImpactSilhouette a "T"-shaped hole visible right behind him]].]]
* ActorSharedBackground mixed in with FunnyAneurysmMoment: Averted. Flint hurriedly admits to Sam that he loves peanut butter, then lies about being allergic to it when Sam says she has a peanut allergy. Bill Hader (Flint's voice actor, and yes, the same one who plays Stefon on ''SNL'') actually does have a peanut allergy in real life.
* CastTheExpert: Sort of. The WNN anchor is played by real-life weatherman Al Roker.
* TheOtherDarrin: Terry Crews replaces Mr. T in the sequel.
* PlayingAgainstType: Anna Faris as a HollywoodNerd in contrast to some of her ditzy roles.
* RecursiveAdaptation: A movie novelization of the film was released.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: There was a cut scene from the movie where Flint and the Mayor were sword fighting using celery sticks. It was taken out for unknown reasons.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://cloudywithachanceofmeatballs.wikia.com/wiki/Cloudy_with_a_Chance_of_Meatballs_Wiki Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Wiki.]]