* AbsenteeActor: "The Apprentice Scouts" has the distinction of being the only episode Mung doesn't appear in.
** Mung's absence is lampshaded in "A Faire to Remember", then subverted as he does appear just before the episode ends.
** Parodied in one episode when Truffles pops up out of nowhere asking if she can help solve a problem, Chowder's response below causes her [[PuffOfLogic disappear into a poof]]:
-->'''Chowder:''' No. You're not in this episode.
* TheDanza: Paul Reubens as Reuben.
* DawsonCasting: Averted with Chowder. Nicky Jones was 9 when he first voiced the character.
* FanNickname: Gorgonzola has a handful of nicknames. "Gorgy" being the most popular.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: The show only has the first 10 episodes released. However, if you have Netflix, iTunes, or UsefulNotes/PlayStationNetwork, you don't have to worry, since all three seasons are available for viewing.
* OneOfUs: The animators must be big gamers. See ShoutOut.
** C. H. Greenblatt himself, who maintains a very sizable blog about the show and other works. He has openly confessed to being a gamer in it as well.
* TheOtherDarrin: Shnitzel was played by Creator/KevinMichaelRichardson in the pilot episode before Creator/JohnDiMaggio replaced him.
** Chestnut was originally voiced by Tone Lōc in his first three appearances. His replacement was also John [=DiMaggio=].
** In the Mexican dub, Gazpacho's voice actor was replaced by his son after the original voice actor died from complications from diabetes.
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: During the first season, the airing of new episodes was frequently delayed, and later new half-hour "episodes" would be just a new episode paired with a rerun (similar to how the newer shows ''[[WesternAnimation/TheAmazingWorldOfGumball Gumball]]'', ''WesternAnimation/UncleGrandpa'', ''WesternAnimation/TeenTitansGo'', ''WesternAnimation/AdventureTime'', ''WesternAnimation/StevenUniverse'', and ''WesternAnimation/RegularShow'' air new episodes on their "New Thursdays" block).
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: One idea floating around was to have Mung falsely accused of a crime, then get together with some [[Series/TheATeam old friends voiced by Dirk Benedict and Mister T]] to prove his innocence.
** Originally Panini, who was named Borlotti, had pointed ears and an outfit in which only her face was visible. Her original character concept had her bully Chowder in a manner described by Greenblatt as similar to Angelica Pickles from Rugrats. Greenblatt removed the pointy ears since he felt this did not fit in with the rounded shapes in Chowder. Greenblatt did not like characters similar to Angelica and believed that he needed to make Panini "cuter and sweeter." Greenblatt said that the details of Panini formed when the creator decided that Panini had a crush on Chowder; since Chowder is not old enough to fall in love with females, according to Greenblatt this aspect would frustrate Chowder "in a more fun way."