* ArtistDisillusionment / CreatorBacklash
* BigNameFan: On the Season 2 DVD commentary, Chappelle relays a story of MartinScorsese coming up to him one time and saying he was a fan of his show. His favorite sketch? "The Playa Haters Ball".
* ColbertBump: Rick James' popularity has reached new heights since his life was spoofed on the show.
* ExecutiveMeddling: One of the reasons Dave quit was all the fights with the network. In particular: they wanted more CatchPhrase-type sketches and fratboy humor.
* HeyItsThatGuy / RetroactiveRecognition: Cee Lo Green performs on one episode, introduced as just "Cee Lo" and ''long'' before the release of "Fuck You". That appearance happened almost a [[OlderThanTheyThink decade]] after his first album was released.
** Dave was fond of casting other comics in his sketches; his HalfBaked costars show up a few times and Bill Burr (aka [[Series/BreakingBad Kuby]]) makes a couple appearances as well.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: The [=DVDs=] lack about half of the live musical performances. However, since ComedyCentral reruns the show periodically, it shouldn't be too hard to find this material. The [=DVDs=], despite being huge sellers, ultimately fell out of print for a couple of years. In 2012 Comedy Central reissued the entire series as a box set.
** The entire "third season" (hosted by Charlie Murphy and Donnell Rawlings, two of the show's writers and actors) was advertised as "The Lost Episodes", which aired two years after the second season and consisted of skits Dave Chappelle was filming before he left the show. Chappelle was displeased with the airing of these skits, as they were mostly unfinished and offensive, particularly the "Racial Pixie" sketch.
** Season two also had an episode based around "lost sketches", that were filmed but ultimately not aired at that point. In particular, one sketch, a sequel to the season one "Player Haters Ball" was only partially shown.
* OrphanedSeries: After Comedy Central aired the filmed sketches for season three, Dave Chappelle pretty much disowned the show outright (up until they announced they would air the filmed sketches, Chappelle claimed that he was open to coming back but the decision to air those sketches burnt those bridges).