* CelebrityVoiceActor: Never expect to see any NamesToKnowInAnime in the English version. Live-action actors doing voice acting instead? APLENTY! See below for more details.
* DawsonCasting: Robert Carlyle who was forty-nine back in 2010 did the voice-work for Gabriel, who's presumptively in his late twenties or early thirties. This trope also applies to his ''seiyuu'', Keiji Fujiwara, who was forty-six at the time of the recording.
* DuelingWorks: An odd, in-franchise instance. To not complete with/detract from ''VideoGame/CastlevaniaJudgment'' sales, ''Lords of Shadow'' was first unveiled as a standalone flagship IP before it became an official ''Castlevania'' title.
** [[Creator/RobertCarlyle Dr. Nicholas Rush]] voices Gabriel.
*** In the Japanese version, he's also [[Creator/KeijiFujiwara SIGINT]].
** [[Creator/PatrickStewart Pharaoh Seti]] arrives to offer advice as Zobek.
** [[Creator/JasonIsaacs Lucifel]] is, ironically enough, ArchangelLucifer in this universe.
** [[Creator/AkioOhtsuka Solid Snake]] jumps franchises to voice Pan in the Japanese dub.
** As of a joke of sorts, the Japanese Chupacabra is none other than Creator/HideoKojima, the man behind the ''Franchise/MetalGear'' series.
* RecycledScript: To another Konami franchise: A noble warrior and member of a large heroic organization is sent on a quest to stop a possible world-ending scenario. The loss of a close female character is factored into said quest, which turns out to be part of a conspiracy orchestrated by the hero's organization, his learning of which later factored into the hero's eventual fall from grace and into villainy. Who are we talking about, Gabriel Belmont/[[spoiler:Dracula]] or [[VideoGame/MetalGearSolid3SnakeEater Naked Snake]]/[[MetalGearSolidVThePhantomPain Big Boss]]?[[note]]Then again, Hideo Kojima was involved with this game...[[/note]]
* SavedFromDevelopmentHell: Back in November 2007, Konami's executives nearly scratched the entire game as they did not like its distinctly different[=/=]DarkerAndEdgier direction. The production was preserved by one of the game's producers, David Cox, who said he'd fly over to Konami's [=USHQ=] to show them the tech-demo his team had created. After skimming through the newest progress reports the head executives decided to continue production, and even granted the developers greater creative freedom – as well as Creator/HideoKojima[='s=] advice – which led to the complete overhaul of title's protagonist.
** The original pitch video for the title starred Simon Belmont as the game's protagonist.
*** Originally, Gabriel's design resembled that of a classical IneffectualLoner BarbarianHero before Hideo Kojima insisted they change him to a KnightInShiningArmor.
** Creator/IanMcKellen would have been the one to voice Zobek, but his busy schedule could not allow it.
** Claudia was a RavenHairIvorySkin kind of gal before she became a HairOfGoldHeartOfGold.