* MarketBasedTitle: ''Casino'''s first paperback release in the U.S. was retitled to the punchier ''You Asked For It'', to appeal more to the pulp market. More details [[http://killercoversoftheweek.blogspot.com/2011/02/you-asked-for-it-by-ian-fleming.html here]].
* TechnologyMarchesOn: Inevitable; in particular a plot point where Bond is surprised that a contact radio can be made that small (huge by today's standards).
!!1954 TV production:
* DeletedScene: The extremely hard-to-find ''real'' ending involved Le Chiffre grabbing the razor and holding Vesper hostage, followed by Bond shooting the former then making out with Vesper.
* PlayingAgainstType: Creator/PeterLorre is not an IneffectualSympatheticVillain...
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The network apparently commissioned a James Bond TV show based on the strength of this one special. Ian Fleming wrote a few outlines for some episodes and then negotiations fell through, and Fleming used the outlines he had already created and that became the eighth Bond book ''For Your Eyes Only''. Fleming would have his turn in television again when he did some concept work for ''Series/TheManFromUNCLE''.