* BeamMeUpScotty: MANY, MANY fanfictions using GratuitousJapanese have Kero/Touya/whoever call Syaoran 'gaki' (brat). Touya does call Syaoran this. Kero ''never'' says the word, instead calling Syaoran 'kozou' (closest translation might be 'punk') with Meiling going by 'komusume' (girl punk).
* CareerResurrection: After their career fluctuated with the controversial ''Tsubusa Chronicle'' and ''xxxHolic'' endings, the negative reception of ''Anime/BloodC'' and their newer works which are a hit-or-miss, CLAMP released the sequel of ''Cardcaptor Sakura'' in 2016 which earned good sales and an 2018 anime series with the old cast and staff returning.
* ColbertBump: When NIS America announced that they're releasing the series with the Filipino-English Animax dub, along with the fact that it's on Crunchyroll, many people checked it out due to sheer curiosity. Now because of its newfound exposure, there's a BrokenBase over whether the Animax or Nelvana dub is better.
* TheDanza: ''Sakura'' is voiced by Sakura Tange, although this is more likely a coincidence.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: Despite dubbing all 70 episodes and broadcasting in several channels and licensing it worldwide, only a handful of episodes were released on home video. Leaving the other episodes to fade into oblivion. When the dubbed Cardcaptors and the subbed Cardcaptor Sakura were released simultaneously, the subtitled version outsold the dub. With low DVD sales, the companies that were releasing them suspended releasing the dubbed episodes and focused on getting the subbed versions out.
** And now, because Geneon basically went out of business in the States, every DVD of the series and movies ever released is now out-of-print.
** The [=DVD=]s had gone OOP even before Geneon USA folded, sadly.
** Not any more, at least for the subtitled version, as Australia will be getting the subtitled version on DVD (using the recent remaster as a base as well) with the first half coming out in September 2012. Though the dubbed versions will still remain as this.
** Fortunately, DiscotekMedia announced that they licensed the first movie and released the remastered version in 2014. [[Creator/NipponIchi NISAmerica]] also got the series, and they released it fully remastered, with the Animax dub (it's in mono only but better than nothing). Also, Crunchyroll will now be streaming the series, along with the Animax dub.
** Sadly, the second movie remains stuck in the limbo, at least in North America. Even more frustrating considering it's the SeriesFinale.
* NamesTheSame: ''Cardcaptor Sakura'' isn't the only series with [[Series/PowerRangersMysticForce a videographer named Madison]], the dub name for Tomoyo.
* RealityIsUnrealistic: Sakura's dub voice actress received a lot of flack for sounding too much like a teenager or like a boy due to her low-pitched tone. In reality, [=Carly McKillip=] was 11 when she started doing the voice.
* OneHitWonder: Sakura's Spanish voice actress, Isabel Gaudí, is pretty much known only for this work. She had just one important work before voicing Sakura, and afterwards went to voice only a handful of minor roles before retiring from voice acting altogether and turning to sporadic TV acting.
** In Spain, the movies were bought by a different distributor from the series's, and they gave it completely new voice cast, despite the original cast from the series being disponible for a special work like they did with the ''Anime/DigimonAdventure'' movie the same year. This gratuitous change (which came complete with a perceivedly shoddy translation, unlike the accurate adaptation made with the series) was deeply disliked by the fandom, and a redub with the original voices was asked for years to no avail.
** Also the English dub of ''The Sealed Card'', as the rights were granted to another studio instead of Nelvana, meaning an entirely different voice cast closer to that of the Japanese original.
* RelationshipVoiceActor: Creator/TomokazuSeki (Touya) and Creator/SakuraTange (Sakura) previously worked together in ''Anime/MazeMegaburstSpace''.
** Similarly, Creator/NozomuSasaki and Creator/MegumiOgata were both in ''Anime/YuYuHakusho'' with the latter playing practically the same character as Yukito[[spoiler:/Yue]].
* StarMakingRole: In the Mexican Spanish dub, Sakura Kinomoto was Creator/CristinaHernandez' breakout role (along with [[Anime/SailorMoon Chibiusa]] and [[WesternAnimation/ThePowerpuffGirls Blossom]]) since it was a pretty obvious role for her, as she was typecasted at first for voicing [[TokenMiniMoe cute little girls]].
** In less degree, it was also Creator/SakuraTange's breakout role in Japanese for the same character.