* HeyItsThatGuy: A young Tony Hawk appears in [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLpSEOY1tUY this short on skateboarding starting at 0:37.]]
** Kevin Clash (aka [[Series/SesameStreet Elmo]]) got his start as a puppeteer on ''Captain Kangaroo'' in the 1980s.
* TheDanza: Deborah Weems as Debbie.
* TheOtherDarrin: John [=McDonough=] in the 1997 revival.
* [[ScrewedByTheNetwork Rudely Treated by the Network]]: After years of loyal service to CBS, the network rewarded Captain K in 1981 by pushing the show into an earlier time slot and cutting its running time and budget, all in order to use his traditional time slot to air a CBS Morning News Show to compete with NBC's ''The Today Show'' and ABC's ''Good Morning, America''. This irritated Keeshan to the point that he left the show as soon as his contract expired. A bit of poetic justice: The CBS News show traditionally runs third to the two other shows.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: In 1974, a contract dispute with CBS nearly got the Captain's show canceled. CBS had Hanna-Barbera prepare a pre-schoolers animated show to replace it. The dispute was settled, the Captain stayed, and word is that Joe Barbera threw a celebratory banquet even though his show wouldn't be made because "I didn't want to be the man who got ''Captain Kangaroo'' canceled!"