* The Great-Uncle William who adopted Candy, and whose identity was the best-kept secret through the whole series, is revealed to be Albert, the man who became Candy's friend and watched over her on certain moments of her life, the last of them while he was [[EasyAmnesia amnesiac]]. Oh, and he also was the very "Prince of the Hill" she became infatuated with when she was a little girl. Also, Candy ends happily single, taking care of the orphanage where she grew up [[spoiler: though for some, her feelings might have started to sway from Terry to the aforementioned Albert, hinted to be the ''actual'' love of her life]]. The girls who saw that became shocked and outraged [[MisaimedFandom and EPICALLY missed the story's main aesop about how women should be able to build their own lives no matter what]], and the Italians declared FanonDiscontinuity and created their own ending.
* CreatorBacklash: Mizuki and Igarashi have fought legally between each other so much over ownership of the series that they've come to ''hate'' it. As of 2006, Mizuki apparently said that even thinking of Candy Candy "makes her feel sick" and "gives her a headache"
** ScrewedByTheLawyers: The anime became this as the end result of the legal battles.
* HeyItsThatVoice: [[Creator/KeiTomiyama Terry]] is [[Anime/UFORoboGrendizer Daisuke/Duke]], [[Anime/SpaceBattleshipYamato Susumu Kodai/Derek Wildstar]]], [[Anime/GeGeGeNoKitaro Nezumi Otoko]] and [[WesternAnimation/MagicAdventuresOfMumfie Scarecrow]]!
** [[Creator/MinoriMatsushima Candy]] is [[Anime/MazingerZ Sayaka]]! [[Creator/MamiKoyama Annie]] is [[Anime/MobileSuitGundam Kycilia Zabi]]!
** In the OAV's, [[Creator/RyuseiNakao Neil]] is [[Anime/DragonBallZ Freezer]]. That explains a freaking LOT.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: Thanks to the lawsuits, this is the ''only'' way to watch this show in ''any'' language. This has led to a thriving bootleg market throughout the territories in which it was previously popular.
* NoExportForYou: Despite the show's ''incredible'' popularity in Europe, Latin America, and even Africa, the show never ran in the United States. There ''was'' an American dub produced in the early 80s, but it was rather poorly done and was stopped after the first couple of episodes. Thanks to the legal issues that have held up the show even in its homeland, it's unlikely anyone will try a second time.