** Steven Bauer voices a [[Film/TheBeastOfWar mujaheddin member]] in a level that takes places during the UsefulNotes/SovietInvasionOfAfghanistan.
** Creator/RobertPicardo once again [[Film/TheHowling dies by getting shot in the neck]].
** Oliver North is voiced by ''himself''. Yeah, '''THAT''' ''[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_North Oliver North]]''
** In the Latin American dub, Raul Menendez is voiced by Mexican actor and director Julio Bracho.
** [[spoiler: Jimmy Kimmel]] voices himself in the game's GoldenEnding.
** Hudson is voiced by Creator/MichaelKeaton; see TheOtherDarrin below.
* CreatorKiller: The main games, in true ''Call of Duty'' fashion, were astoundingly successful. However, the UsefulNotes/PlayStationVita-based GaidenGame, ''COD: Black Ops Declassified'', was so bad that it pushed its developer out of console/handheld game development completely.
* TheDanza: Michael Rooker as Mike Harper.
* FakeNationality: Nicaraguan Raul Menendez is voiced by Puerto Rican Kamar de los Reyes.
* TheOtherDarrin: Hudson is voiced by Creator/MichaelKeaton instead of Ed Harris. It's very noticeable as the two sound nothing like each other. In ''Declassified'' Hudson is at least voiced by a voice actor trying to pull off a reasonable Ed Harris impersonation.
%%* PlayingAgainstType: Creator/TonyTodd as Briggs.
* TechnologyMarchesOn: Averted and played straight early in the campaign. We see Menendez posting a Website/YouTube video in [[TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture 2021]] with the black-and-white video layout that [=YouTube=] wouldn't release until a few days after the game released, but the [=YouTube=] video still has a top comments feature. Of course, with the rate at which [=YouTube=] changes its layouts, it's ''extremely'' unlikely that [=YouTube=] will look the same in 2021, if it's even still around by then.
** The E3 demo had Creator/LiamOBrien voice David Mason.
** [[http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/12/black-ops-3-director-talks-call-of-dutys-first-female-protagonist Apparently]] there were plans in place to include a playable female character in the game, with the implication being that the player could choose to go through the game as the son ''or daughter'' of Alex Mason. The idea was ultimately scrapped though due to the need for double voice and mocap performance (which, to be fair, would be extensive for the game's main character). Treyarch later went through with the concept in ''VideoGame/CallOfDutyBlackOps3''.