* AFIS100Years100Laughs: #71
** #92, "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"
** #7, Sports
* HarpoDoesSomethingFunny The legendary scene with Ty and Carl in Ty's "home" was added to the script solely because the writers realized that there wasn't a single scene in the movie that featured Bill Murray and Chevy Chase together and was almost entirely improvised.
* HeyItsThatGuy: ''The'' TedBaxter plays Judge Smails.
** That's Yori from TRON as Lacy Underall.
** Maggie is played by Sarah Holcomb, a.k.a. Clorette, the underage girl in ''AnimalHouse''.
** The Film/CreatureFromTheBlackLagoon directed the infamous pool scene.
* MassiveNumberedSiblings: Danny has 13 brothers and sisters...and a cousin.
* RealLifeRelative: Creator/BillMurray and BrianDoyleMurray.
* ThrowItIn: A good deal of Bill Murray's dialog was improvised on the set, including his now-classic sportscaster monologue.
--> "It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Harold Ramis has said that he was told that Rodney Dangerfield was interested in doing the second movie. Dangerfield actually was attached, but was displeased with the script (as many turned out to be). With no suitable rewrites, he backed out.
** Also averted. The filmmakers seemed to be asking themselves this when they realized that Bill Murray and Chevy Chase didn't have a scene together. Thankfully, they made one up pretty quickly.