** Initially, all that the American fanbase had gotten was a compiled book of the Halekulani story arc (Parts of volumes 9 and 10), and Creator/VizMedia has absolutely no plans to translate the first eight volumes ([[OrSoIHeard allegedly]], they couldn't because Yoshio Sawai was ashamed of the artwork. However, considering that most other countries that translated it got all 21 volumes, that may not have been the reason at all). They finally decided to translate it again, [[WhatAnIdiot in the middle of the Cyber City Arc]], some time after the anime went off American airwaves. Now it's stuck in limbo at volume 15. And given that it had a lukewarm reception, ''Shinsetsu Bobobo-bo Bobobo'', the sequel, was never exported.
** Again in the States, the anime was initially licensed by Illumitoon Entertainment, a no-name distributor that had three other titles, and only two sloppily put-together volumes were released on DVD before the company went out of business. Another company, S'more Entertainment [[note]]who isn't exactly new, and who usually doesn't dabble in anime[[/note]], is now releasing the anime on DVD in full. Unfortunately, it's far worse than the previous release as it features '''''no subtitles at all'''''. The script has been translated, however it's only available as a printable PDF file on one of the discs. The worst part: the next collection has been confirmed to also have no subtitles, plus S'More has confirmed that they have no plans whatsoever to issue replacement sets with on-screen subtitles.
* EditedForSyndication: Many episodes, especially the earlier ones, had scenes removed for either broadcast length constraints, having jokes that were too risque, or both. Some lines were even re-dubbed for the TV broadcast for this reason. For example, from episode 29, when Bo-bobo battles Rice...
-->'''Rice:''' ''(TV version)'' I'm a bad boy. Where's my mommy and daddy? I wanna go home.
-->'''Rice:''' ''(Uncut version)'' I'm a bad boy. I really need to be spanked. Wanna do it?
** In episode 19, Don Patch asked Gasser how many "[[WildTake Big Shock]]" reactions he did. In the TV version, he says six times, but viewers might notice that he holds up seven fingers. This is because there was an entire scene that was cut, in which Loincloth Lloyd has a (fake) flashback of him and Gasser dancing around together in loincloths. It was most likely cut for being just a bit too creepy, and for this exchange.
-->'''Loincloth Lloyd:''' Grow up, Gasser. Become a man.
-->'''Gasser:''' You mean like fart and scratch my privates!?
** In certain circles of the fandom, Don Patch is usually called "Patchan", which is a shortening of Patch-chan.
** Due to Porusutoroi's tongue-twist-tacular name, fans sometimes call him "Porufgsfds" for the lulz.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: The S'more Entertainment box sets that housed the complete series have been out-of-print for some time (likely because of the above-mentioned lack of subtitles leading to poor sales) and they sell today for hundreds of dollars. [[DigitalPiracyIsEvil If you'd rather not look for the episodes through alternative means]] you can still buy the two single-disc Illumitoon releases of the first 8 episodes for dirt-cheap; if again, you don't mind a lack of subtitles and being forced to watch the show in English.
* RelationshipVoiceActor: The most ''bizarre'' anime that both Creator/TakehitoKoyasu and Creator/HikaruMidorikawa voiced.
* SleeperHit: Again in Spain, the series was brought without much fanfare, but it then basically exploded, and it and its dub are both considered masterpieces nowadays.
* ThrowItIn: According to Creator/JaimeRoca, many jokes of the Spanish dub were completely made up by him and other cast members, some of them by sheer brainstorming. As seen in the results, it certainly paid off.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: In a mild case of TroubledProduction, the Spanish voice for Bobobo was very tough to get right, to the point that Regino Ramos and Jaime Roca were forced to test four different voice tones before choosing the one that appeared on the final product. One has to wonder how could he have sounded in any other of the options.